Best answer

Respond.io not able to find contact to send message

• 29 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am trying to send a QR invite from Airtable to Respond.io

I was able to create a workflow in Respond.io so that when the whatsapp broadcast invitation is responded to as a quick reply YES, this sends back to airtable and creates a unique QR code invitation for the contact. I now need to send this back to respond.io in a message to the contact.

I was able to build the zap, using a checkbox in airtable as a trigger, and respond.io has a send message zap that I can use with a whatsapp broadcast message template that includes an image. Everything seems fine, except respond.io is not able to find the contact whatsoever. I was initially using a lookup field to search the contact number, I tried pasting this as a normal text field, a phone number field, I also tried to search using an e-mail adress. I keep receiving this error:

Failed to create a message in respond.io

Error from halted execution: {"code":404,"primaryId":165321334}

or this one;

Failed to create a message in respond.io

Error from halted execution: {"code":404,"message":"Contact not found!"}

I have tried switching channels, I attempted at adding a ‘find contact’ step before the send message step, however it is finding the contact. Not sure what else to try, anyone else have a similar issue?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by sashacarina 29 March 2024, 14:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Last sentence should read; it is **not ** finding the contact :)

Userlevel 1

Was able to solve this by adding a resppond.io ID field in airtable, which I sent from respond to airtable in the first automation. When using this ID field I was able to find the correct contact in the second zap I created to send the message.

Best,

Sasha

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @sashacarina! We’re glad to hear you solved the issue!

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community, it will definitely help others facing the same problem.

Happy Zapping! ⚡️