Question

Reply to Email In Gmail Not Within Same Thread? Broken?

• 22 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I have a Zap set up that reads an email, sends the email to Relevance AI to produce a custom email response and is then suppose to reply to the email. When using this Zap, it creates a new email thread entirely and doesn’t reply to the email. I have tried this across both Reply and Create Draft Reply.

I need to reply or draft email reply to show the original message sent to me, like a normal email. 

I will attach some screenshots. Please help!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @auswebexp 

For us to have more context, can you show screenshot examples as proof of the new email thread in Gmail?

Hi there @Troy Tessalone,

Please see attached the following:

1. Screenshot 1: Shows a Zapier email reply, it has RE: in the subject line which is great, however you will note that at the bottom of the email (under my reply), the original thread/ email that I received is not carried forward in my reply, which is the standard operation of Gmail. It’s essentially a new email, with an RE: in the subject line.
  2. Screenshot 2: Shows a Zapier draft email reply, exhibiting the same behaviour.
  3. Screenshot 3: Shows a manual draft reply on my end, which shows how a reply in Gmail should look.

I appreciate your help! Would love for this to work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@auswebexp 

Something to try…

Under the email Message Body content from Step 2, you could include the Message Body from the Zap trigger step.