Best answer

Reddit Zaps not finding search query in comments

Userlevel 1

I noticed a while back that my Reddit Zap run action frequency dropped dramatically out of nowhere (see task-graph image). My Zap is configured to search Reddit Comments and Posts for a query, filter out certain instances of the query, then send a channel message in Slack. Looking into what was happening, I noticed that the Zap wasn't grabbing all of the comments with my query, just the posts with query in the title or the body. 

To double check it wasn’t my filter, I tested this with a new query and was able to replicate the issue with a new Zap searching for a different query. It too will only send posts that include the query to my slack channel and not comments.

I reached out to Zapier Support who told me they’ve reported this as a bug but that it likely won’t get a fix unless some additional folks report the issue as well. I’m posting this here to try to drum up support for my cause. Has anyone else noticed this?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 16 May 2023, 11:47

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hey @tlambert! I’m sorry you’re running into a bug where the New Post or Comment Matching Search Reddit trigger isn’t firing for comments. 

I’m not able to push the priority of this personally, but I can add this community thread to the bug report. That should hopefully make it easier for other folks to find and also means that we’ll post an update here when we have one. 

Userlevel 1

I too have a Zap that searches for all instances of a specific term. Until very recently, it was working properly. Now it is not capturing all instances of the term.

I created an new identical Zap and it too is not capturing the search term completely.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @SmallerInfinity,

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this bug. I have included you as another affected user in our open bug report. Although we don't have a specific timeframe for when the bug will be resolved, we will keep you informed via email or on this thread.

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 1

Any clue as to what has changed or a work-around? I just signed up for a year’s subscription in March and this change draws into question the value of that purchase.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @SmallerInfinity,

I'm sorry to say that there's currently no workaround for this bug. However, the bug was only reported recently, and the theory is that there may have been a slight API change that has affected the comment query and caused it to stop working.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Userlevel 1

I would like to get a prorated refund. I will be happy to buy the annual subscription again once this functionality is restored.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @SmallerInfinity,

For your billing concerns, I recommend opening a ticket to our Support team and use the “Accounts, pricing, and billing” option. Like so:

851c149a1d669638239af14509b29352.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps. 

Userlevel 1

Just wanted to comment to say that I’ve also been experiencing this bug since the start of May. Hope it gets fixed soon! 🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Melodics,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have added you as another affected user to the open bug report. We will let you know via email or in this thread if there are any updates regarding the issue.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

This creates problems for us too

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for letting us know, @mfisch - you’ve been added and we’ll email you once a fix is in place.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I also have this issue and it is a priority for us and has executive sponsorship of the project involving the searching of reddit comments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear that you’re being affected by the same issue here, @Team_Telco.  

I’ve added you to the list of users who are being impacted by this. I can’t make any promises as to when it is going to be resolved by but we’ll definitely email you to let you know when it’s been fixed.

I see the same issue since over 4 months now. Would be nice to finally have it working again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @SBS! 👋

We're so sorry that the issue has persisted for this long. I know how frustrating this must be. I've added you to the list, so you'll get an email from us the instant we squash this bug! 

We’ll be sure to share any news or workarounds in the thread here as we come across it. In the meantime, thank you all for your continued patience while this issue is being worked on, it’s much appreciated.