Best answer

Recurring delays in ChatGPT actions despite Team Plan and no rate limit issues.

• 23 September 2023
  • 19 replies

Hi - 

I have many flows that use GPT actions. These actions keep getting delayed, does anyone know why they are delayed (‘waiting’)? We are on a team plan so polling time should be 1 min although the actions are often delayed much longer.  It almost always happen with GPT actions, we aren’t hitting rate limits, usage limits, etc. 

Any advice/thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by SamB 5 December 2023, 18:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Modia 

Good question.

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step along with possible errors.

Also, check the OpenAI status page: https://status.openai.com/#past-incidents

@TryAbp - 

No errors and all OpenAI systems are and have been operational for the last few days. The zaps always eventually complete - just takes a long time

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Modia 

We would need to see screenshots of the delayed Zap Runs in order to have more context.

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same problem….

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Same problem here, it’s been delayed for more than one hour… No errors, no reason…

And nothing special at OpenAI side (enough credits, no down...)

I have a starter plan for info, so I’m asking myself if in that case, the autoreplay option would help ?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

See :

Same issue here. My zap (ChatGPT step) is “Waiting (delayed)” and stays like that forever. 

See screenshot: 

It seems this happens when the content that I add to the prompt (via de Google Form) is long. If the content is very short, the zap seems to flow OK. 

As you can see in the right column of the screenshot, there are many tokes remaining. 

The first time I run this zap was 7 hours ago, and it still is "Waiting (delayed).” Let’s see tomorrow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi friends,

I did some digging into this, and it looks like this is a known bug with the ChatGPT integration where ChatGPT experiences delays in processing; Stuck on Waiting in Zap history.

Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email addresses as another affected members. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Thanks, @ken.a 

Let me confirm a couple of things: 

1. The zaps I sent yesterday are still “Waiting (delayed)” (ChatGPT step)
  2. When I changed the zap and replaced GPT-4 with GPT-3.5-turbo-16k as the ChatGPT model, the zap run correctly

So I assume that the issue is with GPT-4.

Of course, the output I am getting with GPT-3.5 is much worse than the output I would get with GPT-4, so this is an issue. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m experiencing the same thing and curious to know, does this eventually work or does it get permanently stuck on ‘delayed’? Wondering if it’s worth waiting or not.

I changed the large language model in the zap to the brand new “gpt-4-1106-preview” and it seems to work OK (doesn’t get stuck on “Delayed”) anymore. 

Userlevel 1

Hi friends,

I did some digging into this, and it looks like this is a known bug with the ChatGPT integration where ChatGPT experiences delays in processing; Stuck on Waiting in Zap history.

Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email addresses as another affected members. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Hi Ken, could you add me to your email list for notifying when this has a fix? I also have the same delay issue with chatgpt. Thanks

Anyone else still having issues? Because we are. Can take about 3 or 4 minutes to get an answer back to our Zap, even using GPT3.5, which is not very useful at all

Userlevel 1

I have exactly the same issue, I use gpt-3.5-turbo-1106 and I am not going to use GPT 4 as it cost 10 times more!
Some time if I re-run the task it goes true, so I guess there are no mistake in the zap flows, it just got delayed for no apparent reason

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MattBish, @BusinessData, and @Bobonez,

I have added you all as affected members to the open bug report. We will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks,

Just popping by with a quick update to share that the bug report has since been closed and it should be possible to replay tasks without seeing this error in future! 😁🎉

That said, if you’re continuing to experience any issues please reach out to the Support team here.

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡

Userlevel 1

I’m still having delays unfortunately

Userlevel 1

Hi folks,

Just popping by with a quick update to share that the bug report has since been closed and it should be possible to replay tasks without seeing this error in future! 😁🎉

That said, if you’re continuing to experience any issues please reach out to the Support team here.

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡

Hi Sam, thanks for the update. I am using the GPT zaps regularly, and I’m still having the same delays

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry to hear that @MattBish. I’d definitely recommend getting in touch with the Support team to let them know that you’re still experiencing delays with the ChatGPT app. You can contact them via the form here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Keen to ensure you’re all set so please do let us know how you get on with them. Hopefully they’ll quickly be able to get to the bottom of what causing these delays to persist. 🤞

Issue still happening today, task stuck waiting for 12 hours. 

How does it take over 3 months to come up to a fix, Integromat/Make does not have any issues at all. So I’ll move there.