Question

Quickbooks Online Duplicate name exists

• 13 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Reservations from Guesty create invoices in Quickbooks and I am getting an error for a reservation that a duplicate name exists in Quickbooks and is not attaching the invoice to the existing customer. When testing I was able to make multiple reservations in Guesty using the same username and it just added the new invoice the way it should. I have search by name and if no customer exists, to create a new one. I’ve read through previous articles and questions but am at a loss as to what to do here. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @HeatherD! Thanks for reaching out in community - we definitely want to help!

Odd question but wanted to double check is there by chance a vendor or employee with the same name? If so that could result in the duplicate error. You can check out this Quickbooks article that explains this and how to go about fixing that. 🙂

Alternatively, it’s hard to tell from the screenshot but was there a leading or trailing whitespace behind the first or last name in the Search Value? We have an internal note that says this can also cause the search/create action to fail. 😔

I hope some of this helps and definitely keep us posted!