Best answer

Posting in Facebook Groups error #200

• 7 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

The Zap to post on to my Facebook group has been working in the past but now I am getting this error... (#200) If posting to a group, requires app being installed in the group

I have reinstalled the Zapier App and anebled it but still get the error message suggesting the app isnt installed.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 8 December 2021, 01:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Colinefa 

Reference this help article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/error-code-200-user-has-not-authorized-application-perform-action-or-insufficient-permission-post-group

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

I have done that several times with no success…

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Colinefa 

Next, probably best to open a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

• I found out what’s causing the “Error #200”

• Colinefa , I’m having the same problem when I post to facebook groups (error #200). 

• If you have a URL link in your post package to Facebook Groups from Zapier, “Error #200” will pop up in Zapier.

• This started happening around the beginning of October 2021.

•  This is not a permissions issue since the Post to Facebook Groups goes through just fine. Apparently Facebook is now sending Zapier a response “Message” of some type about the URL and Zapier is incorrectly interpreting the message as a Error #200.

• You can have a URL link with no Error #200 as long as it’s a link to Youtube. A link to Amazon will cause an error #200 but the post to Facebook Groups is ok . This has to be a Facebook change and Zapier needs to check it out.

• The good part is that right now, Zapier does not dock you for one Zap because of the Error #200 even though the Zap comes to completion and DOES post properly on Facebook groups :-).  Now you can run all the Zaps to Facebook groups (with URL’s) for free … LOL

• Zapier needs to get together with Facebook to find out what Facebook changes were made.

• For now I’m just ignoring and deleting the error messages until Zapier decides to deal with this issue.

• Hope this helps !!!

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the feedback. My problem was different in the sense that I didnt get anything being posted.

I was able toresolve it with the help of Zapier. I had to recreate the zap and that cured the problem. Not sure why but happy its working

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @Colinefa!

I know you mentioned you were able to get this working after chatting with our support team, which is awesome! I wanted to post their response here just in case it helps anyone else who stumbles on this thread. 🙂

It seems that sometimes Facebook can make changes that require the authentication to be refreshed. After checking the standard permissions and getting one of the group's administrators to add the "Zapier" app, please try Reconnecting via the 'My Apps' page:

https://zapier.com/app/connections

Renew group posting permissions to Zapier in here: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools&ref=settings

This is the link from pages, but should be also added to the Wiki article about FB Groups and error #200.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out about this, @Szymon Bochniak!

I’ve submitted your suggestion over to the relevant team here so that the help documentation can get updated with that link. :)

Thanks for reaching out about this, @Szymon Bochniak!

I’ve submitted your suggestion over to the relevant team here so that the help documentation can get updated with that link. :)

After I “Scroll down to the section called Apps, under the heading Advanced and click the pencil icon to edit it.” in Step 3 there I only see the following, with no option to Search for or Add Apps ???

so How may I, as an Admin/Owner of this Facebook Group, get Zapier Added and Authorized to Post to my Facebook Group(s)?

Thank you for all of your help in these regards and Have a Great Day! :sunglasses: