Best answer

Please Reduce The Amount Of Data You’re Asking For, Then Retry Your Request

• 2 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all

Please Reduce The Amount Of Data You’re Asking For, Then Retry Your Request

Has there been a fix for this Facebook Pages error yet? as like already stated my zap works but i get a email saying this error but the Facebook post has worked !!

Many Thanks

icon

Best answer by Danvers 2 September 2022, 14:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Noel G!

This issue is still ongoing. It’s intermittent (doesn’t happen all the time) and is related to the way that Facebook handles requests so it’s a tricky one for the team to find a solution for. I’ve added you to the issue report, so you’ll get an email if we have an update. We’ll also update this post if we have some news:

Any update on this issue. I am experiencing the same error and will not publish the Zap?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Juzza, thanks for your message!

We don’t have an update on this yet, but I’ve added you as an affected user on the bug report, which means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update. Sorry that I don’t have better news for you on this one!

Something to mention is that this error doesn’t happen all the time, so if you try again it’s likely that you’ll be able to test and publish your Zap. Thanks!

Hi @Juzza, thanks for your message!

We don’t have an update on this yet, but I’ve added you as an affected user on the bug report, which means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update. Sorry that I don’t have better news for you on this one!

Something to mention is that this error doesn’t happen all the time, so if you try again it’s likely that you’ll be able to test and publish your Zap. Thanks!

Hi Danvers, you speak as though you work for Facebook/Meta. Is this true? I cannot get any support for any issue, and I’m also having this problem on my page.

In fact not only am I getting the “please reduce amount of data” error, I’m completely unable to see ANY posts on my page, it comes up blank with “something went wrong” on all internet connections I can possibly try, and I’ve tried it on three computers in both safari and chrome, and it’s always the same problem. And furthermore when I DO get a notification on one of my posts, it says “this post has been removed.” But when I ask a friend to check my page, they can see my posts and it’s all up there, but I can’t see any of my posts, I can’t interact with any comments, I can’t edit or any delete any posts. 

If you do in fact work for Facebook, are you able to help with this? Last time I got Facebook to fix an error with my Ad account, I had to go to an ombudsman to actually make them help me, which worked out after many months of stuffing around and losing money on my business as a result because I wasn’t able to sell my products on Facebook, which I need to be able to do to run my business  

If you can help please let me know as this is causing me to lose money. I’d rather not have to go and get an ombudsman to contact Facebook yet again.

Thanks  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @twistiejoe 

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re having these issues with your Facebook account, that sounds really frustrating. 

I don’t work for Facebook/Meta, I work for Zapier. I can give information and advice about the Zapier side of things, and I can let you know about anything on our end that may affect any Zaps you have that are connected to Facebook. 

Good luck with your page!

Hi @twistiejoe 

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re having these issues with your Facebook account, that sounds really frustrating. 

I don’t work for Facebook/Meta, I work for Zapier. I can give information and advice about the Zapier side of things, and I can let you know about anything on our end that may affect any Zaps you have that are connected to Facebook. 

Good luck with your page!

Thanks Danvers. My misunderstanding. I signed up to Zapier thinking it was general help for technology or websites as this page came up when I googled my problem. 

unless you have any other suggestions, I might just contact an ombudsman here. I’ve had problems with Facebook like this before unfortunately and found only an ombudsman was able to help as Facebook provide zero support. 

thanks anyway. 

Just want to add that I’m having this problem with Facebook Groups. I’m using Zapier to send emails containing the posts to team members who are not on FB. The zap is published, but regularly fails with this error. Since it is not reliable, can’t rely on it. Would love to know when/if it gets fixed!