Best answer

PDFfiller - Create Filled Documents Task

• 12 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Zapier community!

We recently switched to using PDFfiller to fill out property-specific contracts to send out through signature. I’m having one issue and it seems minor, but I’m hoping someone here can clarify.

I’m triggering from a Close CRM custom activity for all my info, but the main issue is when setting up the task to create the filled document, my fillable document is not populating as an option for a “Base Document”. I also tried doing a search step to see if that was the issue but it couldn’t find the document at all.

Does PDFfiller just take awhile to speak to new documents? Or is there a setting I’m missing within PDF filler?

TIA!! ☀️

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 July 2023, 22:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Zapier community!

We recently switched to using PDFfiller to fill out property-specific contracts to send out through signature. I’m having one issue and it seems minor, but I’m hoping someone here can clarify.

I’m triggering from a Close CRM custom activity for all my info, but the main issue is when setting up the task to create the filled document, my fillable document is not populating as an option for a “Base Document”. I also tried doing a search step to see if that was the issue but it couldn’t find the document at all.

Does PDFfiller just take awhile to speak to new documents? Or is there a setting I’m missing within PDF filler?

TIA!! ☀️

Also would like to note that though I’m notated as “beginner” here, this account is only used for troubleshooting and Zapier forums. I would consider myself intermediate and fairly experienced with Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Macc 

Good question.

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help give us more context?

Also include screenshots with the field you are having an issue with.

Userlevel 1
Badge
Zap setup from Close Custom Activity to Fillable PDF (Custom activity grabs necessary fields for contract fill such as Close of Escrow, Price, etc.)
PDFfiller view showing fillable template I’m wanting to use for this Zap

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Macc 

Good question.

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help give us more context?

Also include screenshots with the field you are having an issue with.

Hey @Troy Tessalone, I went ahead and posted the screenshots above. This zap should be fairly simple once I figure out why I can’t find my “base document”, it’s just the two steps, and then this would trigger another 2-step zap to send to docusign for signatures.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Macc 

Check your pdfFiller Zap app connection here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

You may need to adjust permissions/settings pdfFiller.

OR try using the Custom option to set the Base Document ID, which may be visible in the browser URL when viewing the document in pdfFiller.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for this!! I did realize that you were correct in your first assumption and it logged into an old account. But I did decide to use the template ID and it also worked! 

Thanks Troy! You’re a rockstar. Cheers! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Macc,

Awesome! I’m glad to hear Troy pointed you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊