Best answer

Parser - thrown off by new email domains

• 6 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Has anyone experienced using Parser where information comes in from a tabulated form (e.g. Smartsheet) and so the structure is pretty clear but then the parsing is thrown off by having 'new' email domains like alumni.school.edu or verizon.net vs the usual .com?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 29 April 2020, 18:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Badge

I didn't mean to duplicate discussion 829 (https://community.zapier.com/discussion/829/parser-thrown-off-by-new-email-domains), but I thought that first one perhaps wasn't in the 'experts lounge' and so created another, planning to remove the first, but I can't find any way to delete either one. Is there not a way to delete a question after having posted?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @djung

To get an old post removed, just hit the "Flag" button in the bottom left and click "Report".

Don't worry, it doesn't penalise/ban you or anything, it just brings it to the attention of the mods. Just leave a note like "Duplicate, please delete".

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @djung, thanks for writing into our Community!

I have escalated your ticket to our dev support team for further review since it sounds like you have noticed inconsistency which requires us to investigate further.

Please allow us some time to look into this issue for you and you'll hear from us when we have an update to share. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I wanted to follow up on this as it sounds like you were able to solve it. If anyone else is finding the same issue, it was solved by ‘training’ the Email Parser template with more emails from new domains.