Question

Pardot Error 109 "Failed to find or create a prospect in Pardot"

• 16 November 2023
  • 5 replies

We just switched our account over to a team account and are running into this issue. Everything was working great until the switch. 

We are doing something different and looking up prospects before adding them to a list in the 4th step. We continue to get error code 109, Failed to find or create a prospect in Pardot.

This is the same record I have used for testing for over a year now, and it is definitely in Pardot. I have also tried testing with other records that are Pardot, and I continue to get this error. Then, I tried testing with a contact that is not in Pardot and got an error message that it was unable to create a contact. 

I’m assuming the connection with Pardot is messed up, even though it was just reestablished last week. The Pardot account owner has admin rights in both zapier and Pardot. 

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @workinmamaxoxo 

Good question.

For us to have context, we would need to see screenshots with how your Zap step action section is configured.

@Troy Tessalone This is the action step I have set up: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@workinmamaxoxo

Did you try testing the Zap step 3 again?

It’s configured as a find/create so it should not result in an error.

@Troy Tessalone I did, and unfortunately, the pardot step seems to be failing on all of the zaps created, not just this one. As mentioned, we just moved from an individual account to a team account. The admin reconnected the pardot app, but I think something is missing in the connection. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@workinmamaxoxo 

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Wondering if it’s related to a Pardot settings/permission issue.

Or it may be a bug with the way the Zap action is configured behind the scenes.