Best answer

Outlook integration missing calendar

Userlevel 1

I’ve added an outlook account that has 4 calendars, 2 of which are writeable. The default user calendar and two default calendars (birthdays and holidays) appear in Zapier, but the fourth, shared calendar (which is writeable to the user) does not appear in Zapier.

It seems like it might have been related to this issue, but as there are only 4 calendars, I’m not sure that it’s the same thing. I’ve moved the calendar to the top of the list, but it still does not show up in the list of available calendars. What troubleshooting tips should I consider?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 18 April 2023, 20:34

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @R.F.,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into our notes, and here’s what I found related to the issue you’re experiencing:

• Just because a user can see a calendar in the interface, doesn't mean they can write to the calendar, which is a different level of access. As far as I can see, the user has to ask the person who shared the calendar to check their access level to see one way or another, or else just try to make an event on the calendar in Outlook and see if they can do it there.
  • If someone shares a calendar with you in Office, or changes your permissions to include more permissions, you have to click the "Accept" button in the email that gets sent to your email address for it to take effect. If you don't click that button, you won't have access.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hey there @R.F.,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into our notes, and here’s what I found related to the issue you’re experiencing:

• Just because a user can see a calendar in the interface, doesn't mean they can write to the calendar, which is a different level of access. As far as I can see, the user has to ask the person who shared the calendar to check their access level to see one way or another, or else just try to make an event on the calendar in Outlook and see if they can do it there.
  • If someone shares a calendar with you in Office, or changes your permissions to include more permissions, you have to click the "Accept" button in the email that gets sent to your email address for it to take effect. If you don't click that button, you won't have access.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Yep, the account does indeed have write access and is able to create an event on the calendar. But, accepting the invite magically made it appear. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @R.F.,

Awesome! Glad to know you were able to get it sorted!

Feel free to ask any additional questions by posting them in the Community. We're always happy to help! 🤗

Hi Ken / R.F 

I’m having the same issue. I have a calendar which has been created but of which I am the ‘owner’ but its not coming up as an option in the Outlook Calendar selection drop down. In face, I’m getting things in there I’m not the ‘owner’ of - I guess because historically I might have been given delegate or other enhanced permissions. Is there a maximum number of calendars it shows? Do I need to do something to make this calendar seem more ‘used’ than the others to bump it up a priority list?! 

There doesn’t seem to be much logic as to the calendars I can see, which isn’t helping! 

I’ve tried sending some invites to the calendar to see if that helps, but it hasn’t.. 

Thanks

Ray 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @RayC99 

Thanks for sharing your situation.

Could you kindly send screenshots of how you’ve setup the steps of the Zap so far? (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

That’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

Looking forward to your response!

Hi Charie, 

It’s literally the trigger action, so I have it linked to my account:

It gives me a random selection of options: The first is my calendar, the second is an added calendar, the subsequent ones are those of colleagues, some of whom I have delegate access for, but others not. There are a few more available, but none are the one I want! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @RayC99 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

Have you checked this research by Ken?

Hi Brem - I have I’m afraid! I am actually listed as the ‘owner’ of this calendar - it’s been created a shared resource but I’ve double checked and I have all the permissions! It’s weird because I have a lot of permissions for different calendars - but the ones which are showing aren’t necessarily the ones I have the most permissions for. I’ve tried re-freshing, and also tried sending things to the calendar so it shows as one of my more ‘used’ ones.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @RayC99,

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please send a screenshot of the Calendar in Microsoft Outlook that you want to use in the Zap? Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

@RayC99 
I am having this same issue. Would love to hear what the solve is.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Monica Hull,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the Microsoft Outlook integration is exhibiting odd behavior. For some reason, it only lists 10 calendars. As a workaround, you may want to rearrange the order of the calendars on your end so that the calendar you wish to use is part of the "top 10" calendars displayed on your end. This workaround came from another Zapier customer who ran into the same issue.

Please give this a try as well @RayC99!

Im getting the same error, do you have any suggestion please ? im completely stuck 

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @alter345! 👋

I’ve been looking into this and found that there’s an existing bug for this issue which has come up in the Community before: 

I’ve added everyone here all to the list of users being affected by this issue. This allows us to send you all an email notification the minute it is fixed. 

Currently it seems that the only known workaround is, as Ken mentioned, to reorder the list of calendars in Outlook directly so that the missing calendar you wish to select appears within the top 10 calendars that the Zap is able to load.

Alternatively, if you’re able to find the ID for the calendar within Outlook, I’m thinking you could potentially use the Custom value option to select the calendar you want by typing in it’s ID number into the Calendar field. You can find out more about how to use custom values in Zaps here: Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps

Hope that helps! 🙂