Question

OneNote failing to display correctly in Evernote via a Zap

• 17 April 2023
  • 1 reply

am using OneNote and my notes are saved in OneDrive - as I use both a lappy, a PC and another tablet to do my work and it seems sensible to have them all in one place - i.e. the cloud.

I have set up a Zapier zap to say "when there is a new note in OneNote", then "create a new note in Evernote"

And it seems to work.   BUT when I open it up, it's just all gobbledigook (to me).

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks

Dr Ram

PS Here is the Evernote note of the OneNote message transfered (which was a simple "Does this translate into Evernote" as text and handwritten "I wonder if this will work").  As you can see, a lot of "noise" for such a short note!

title

For evernote from ONE NOTE FOR WINDOWS 10

links

oneNoteClientUrl

href

onenote:https://d.docs.live.net/fbd0253bd26576a4/Documents/Ramesh's%20Notebook/Quick%20Notes.one#For%20evernote%20from%20ONE%20NOTE%20FOR%20WINDOWS%2010&section-id=ecaf89c0-d47b-4ae4-abf0-6c853aa582e4&page-id=05c0d6de-77ac-4b59-aa0d-861033ac7de4&end

oneNoteWebUrl

href

https://onedrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=fbd0253bd26576a4&page=edit&resid=FBD0253BD26576A4!1451&parId=FBD0253BD26576A4!124&wd=target(Quick Notes.one|ecaf89c0-d47b-4ae4-abf0-6c853aa582e4%2FFor evernote from ONE NOTE FOR WINDOWS 10|05c0d6de-77ac-4b59-aa0d-861033ac7de4%2F)

details

note

<html lang="en-GB">

<head>

<title>For evernote from ONE NOTE FOR WINDOWS 10</title>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

<meta name="created" content="2023-04-16T21:03:00.0000000" />

</head>

<body data-absolute-enabled="true" style="font-family:Calibri;font-size:11pt">

<div style="position:absolute;left:144px;top:139px;width:624px">

<p style="margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt">This is the basic version evernote </p>

<br />

</div>

<!-- InkNode is not supported -->

<div style="position:absolute;left:611px;top:570px;width:624px">

<br />

</div>

</body>

</html>

PS Someone suggested - 

The challenge with these types of note sharing is that Evernote will display exactly what it receives. In thurn Zapier will relay the output it receives in the best format it can manage.  Then OneNote will output the note cotent in a format that it thinks is correct.  So there are multiple places for this note transfer to fail.  Like @PinkElephant I think your first stop for help should be Zapier. The Zap doesn't seem to be passing on the OneNote output in a format that works for Evernote.  Most likely OneNote outputs as an HTML and Zaqpier gives it to Evernote as a text file.  But that's a guess.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @DrRam,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks! 😊