Odoo CRM Error: authentication failed. Console logs

• 13 February 2023
  • 15 replies

I am trying to connect my account to connect odoo to zapier 

When i enter all information needed i get the following error: 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 28 April 2023, 21:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jean Mouawad 

Good question.

Help article for Odoo CRM: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495994750733#setting-up-the-odoo-crm-integration-0-1

I have tried it with another odoo enterprise it is working but with odoo.sh it’s not 

I saw many people facing the same issue 

One reply of a community manager a year ago was they will try to solve this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jean Mouawad 

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support for further assistance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hi,

I’m having the same issue on Odoo.sh, have you got a Workaround???

Regards!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @GibranVL85,

it seems that the issue the OP is facing is related to the unavailability of support for Odoo.sh accounts. To clarify, the Odoo CRM integration on Zapier only supports Odoo.com accounts and not Odoo.sh accounts.

Regarding this, we have an open feature request to enable support for Odoo.sh users when utilizing the Odoo CRM integration. If you would like to be added to this feature request, please let me know.

Thanks! 😊

Please, add me to the request.

Regards!!

GVL

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @GibranVL85,

You have been successfully added to our open feature request to enable support for Odoo.sh users when utilizing the Odoo CRM integration. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with a specific timeframe on when this feature will be implemented as there are various factors that can affect the process.

The timeframe is usually dependent on the complexity of the feature, the number of users who have requested it, and the scope of the feature. Additionally, the timeframe can be affected by whether the feature's capabilities are solely under our control or if we need to coordinate with our partners at other applications to resolve it.

Rest assured that we will notify you via email as soon as this feature is available. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Mod Edit: For anyone that comes across this and wants to be updated on any news or workarounds for this feature request please subscribe to the main topic for it here: 

Hi there,

Can you please add to the request as well.

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Prolance Services,

I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. While we don’t have a timeframe on when this feature will get implemented. We will keep you in the loop via email once it is.

Thanks! 😊

Is there a solution already? 

KR David 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @David Lugmayr,

Unfortunately, there isn’t any update regarding this feature request at the moment. That said, I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. We will keep you in the loop via email if the feature gets implemented.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

I'm also looking for a solution to connect my self-hosted Odoo ERP application. Does anyone have a solution to work around this issue? I managed to connect using the Odoo CRM module, but it is limited to lead creation only. Alternatively, do you know if Odoo works with Make?

Thank you in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Sekh, thanks for reaching out here!

Hmm, since you’re wanting to connect to a self-hosted Odoo ERP application I wonder if the Odoo ERP Self Hosted app might work better for you here than the Odoo CRM app? It appears to offer more actions than just lead creation so hopefully it can do what you need. 🤞

Can you give that Odoo ERP Self Hosted app a try and let us know how you get on?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry, I expressed myself incorrectly. I meant to say that the Odoo ERP Self Hosted application is not working with my Odoo database. I'm unable to connect. “authentication failed” error

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah I see! Thanks for clarifying that, @Sekh

As you’re running into the same issue here, I’ve gone and add you to that feature request as well. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s sorted. There’s no reported workarounds but we’ll be sure to share details of them on the main topic currently tracking interest in this feature: 

Since we’ve already got another topic that’s being used to track this feature request I’m going to close this one. For anyone that finds this and wants their vote added please reach out on the main topic, and we’ll sort that for you! 🙂