Question

Notion and Wave Zap - “Failed to create invoice Cannot convert undefined or null to object” error

• 18 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi!

I'm trying to create a Zap between Notion and WAVE Invoicing. I’ve tried multiple times, I think I’m getting closer, but now I’m getting the error “

Failed to create an invoice in Wave

Cannot convert undefined or null to object”

Anyone know why and what this is?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Eg9876!  

Thanks for reaching out about this. It’s likely that there’s a value that’s been selected for one of the fields on that Create Invoice action that’s not quite what Wave is expecting to receive. It’s a bit hard to know from that error exactly which field it is but usually dropdown fields where a custom value have been supplied are a good first place to start. 

For example, dropdown fields like the Customer and Product fields can sometimes have a customer or product name supplied instead of an ID number. In which case it may be worth clicking the Or add search step button next to the field to add a search action to help locate the relevant IDs:
f78eb8e0cfbd37221867c535a06685a9.png

If that’s not the case here can you send a screenshot showing what’s been selected for each field on the Create Invoice action? That’ll help us to get a better idea of what else might be causing the error. Don’t forget to remove/hide any private information like names, email addresses etc from any screenshots first.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Eg9876 ,

Can you please share a screenshot on how did you configure the Wave action?