Best answer

Not all custom questions from Eventbrite are appearing in Zapier

• 25 July 2023
  • 7 replies

I have put together a Zap to send event registrations to Salesforce from Eventbrite. Everything works fine, except that not all of the custom questions that people have to answer when registering are visible on Zapier. Most of them are, but one or two are not, and I can’t see any reason why this might be… Here are the questions on Eventbrite:

I can’t get a screenshot from Zapier but basically I can see the second and third questions but not the first one, ‘We’d love...’

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by SamB 26 July 2023, 16:02

View original

7 replies

Worked out how to get a screenshot from Zapier - the pop-up kept closing when I tried a different way!

Some but not all questions visible...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Joe_Evans,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dive deeper into this, could you please confirm if the questions that are not appearing in the Zap is an optional/conditional sub-questions? That said, you might want to check a similar Community post for a workaround here:

Please keep us posted! 😊

Thanks for the quick responses!

• Sometimes, certain custom questions may not be available in Zapier due to the way Eventbrite's integration with Zapier is set up. Some custom questions may not be exposed or accessible through the Zapier integration.

Can you give me any more information on this, or point the way to it? Could some custom questions not be accessible even though other questions, set up in just the same way, do pull through?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Joe_Evans! 👋

If the missing custom question is optional or conditional sub-questions, as Ken mentioned, then that could be the reason why the Zap isn’t able to load it. Is that the case here or are all the questions pictured in your screenshot required rather than optional or conditional?

If the missing question is an optional/conditional, can you try setting it to be required instead? Then register a new attendee in Eventbrite and pull that in as a new test record to see if the missing question is now available to select in the Zap. 

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Hi @ken.a and @SamB!

Thanks for your input, I strongly suspect that the problem is that the question that I’m missing isn’t compulsory. I’ll change this on the Eventbrite events. However, I can’t test that because Zapier has already pulled six sets of responses through, which are obviously for existing events for which the question wasn’t compulsory! Is there any way (short of starting again with a new Zap) that I can get Zapier to pull through different sample data?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Joe_Evans! Hopping in here for @SamB 👋🏽

This article gives a great rundown on how to populate additional test records (w/ additional data!) for your Trigger. Let us know if that does the trick here!

Thanks @Liz_Roberts . The problem is that when I use ‘Find new records’ to select records that have some of the questions I need, a maximum of six records come up, and these can’t subsequently be changed. So now that I’ve modified the original questions on Eventbrite to make them all compulsory, I can’t access a record based on those compulsory questions, because I can only get the original six records that Zapier pulled. I suspect that I will need to run the Zap without that question for a while, then build a new Zap from scratch and hope that this time Zapier pulls records that included the compulsory questions.