Question

No gmail notification about email when zapier sends email with "Send Email in Gmail" step

• 1 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Gmail does not push notification on mobile when Gmail is sent via Zap, but the email arrives.

The problem is: There is no notification about the received email from mobile Gmail app.

And yes I have gmail notification about other emails.

How to fix that? Maybe html code of that email is causing that?

4 replies

Userlevel 1

@auser I have never experienced this but these are the things that come to my mind:

• In Gmail's settings, there's a section for "Filters and Blocked Addresses." Here, you can see any filters you've created that automatically categorize, label, archive, or delete emails based on certain criteria. If there's a filter that's catching the emails sent via Zapier and moving them to a folder or marking them as read, this could be why you're not receiving notifications.
  • Sometimes, certain content or HTML code within the email could potentially cause delivery or notification issues.
  • You can test sending a plain text email via Zapier to see if the notification issue persists. If the notification works with a plain text email, it might be an issue with the HTML formatting of the original email.
  • On your mobile device, within the Gmail app, ensure that the notification settings are configured to notify you for all new emails or at least the ones from Zapier. Sometimes, the app's notification settings can override the general settings in Gmail.
  • Do you have Android? - Sometimes, battery optimization settings on your mobile Android device can prevent apps like Gmail from checking for new emails or sending notifications.

Hope it helps. 
It's AI Thomas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @auser,

This seems like a weird behavior with the Gmail integration. Before we dig deeper, could you please share a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, the “Action” section that shows all of the fields on the Gmail step. Here’s an example screenshot:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Hi @auser,

This seems like a weird behavior with the Gmail integration. Before we dig deeper, could you please share a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, the “Action” section that shows all of the fields on the Gmail step. Here’s an example screenshot:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Event: Send Email
To: <provided email with text not variable>
From Name: <text with emojis>
Subject: <text with shopify text variable>
Body Type: html

Problem occurs also with body type of plain text.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @auser,

Unfortunately, I don’t see the screenshot on my end. Could you please resend them again so that I can take a closer look and hopefully determine the cause of the issue?

Thanks! 😊