Question

New Relic error: Authentication failed; the app returned `{"message": "Could not retrieve a list of accounts."}

• 18 January 2024
  • 4 replies

I’m trying to put the new relic API key, and it keeps failing , im the admin , and nothing works.. following error

“authentication failed: The app returned `{"message":"Could not retrieve a list of accounts."} What happened: Executing authentication.test with bundle {"message":"Could not retrieve a list of accounts."} Console logs: ` as error, which we cannot read.”

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi and welcome to the Community @nadavaha! 🎉 

Could there be an issue with the API perhaps? I know that New Relic has a number of different API keys available so it may be that the wrong one has been used here. See: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/apis/intro-apis/new-relic-api-keys/

It looks like it’s the User Key type that you’d need.

Can you try regenerating the key and then reconnect the New Relic app account using that new API key to see if that sorts it? 

Keen to help get to the bottom of this so please keep us updated on how you get on with that!

Hi Sam, 

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried all 3 types and sadly not one of them worked… i really am clueless why none of them worked while I’m the admin.

Can you please try and test it on your end, register a free account in New relic, create an API and try to ZAP from google analytics to new relic. Will be interesting to find out if you managed or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @nadavaha,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I tried connecting New Relic to Zapier and I was able to successfully connect my account using the Rest API key. Here’s how I achieved it:

5226121277c9b39b51747d5d5dacdc61.png
(view larger)

b99d9c44d735702f886fd47bd884ebfc.png
(view larger)

63b7232aa07ec9b70767a9e7518a0042.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps!

YEP Perfect - i didnt know that the REST API key on the right side brings you o somewhere else.. works !!