Question

New Ninja Form Fields Need to be Added to Large Existing Zap but are not available in Zap editor

• 5 October 2023
  • 4 replies

I have added several new fields to a large Ninja Form and this field has data in several records.  However, when I attempt to edit the Zap, it only pulls a single test record from years ago (even when I enter new submissions that are processed through the Zap) and the new fields are not available to assign to my new Clio fields (which ARE there).

The Zap is still working fine but I cannot get these new fields exposed to assign.  The number of fields being assigned is large so recreating from scratch is not a viable option.

Please help!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @John_Pierce 

Good question.

A possible workaround is to use the Ninja Forms Webhooks Add-On: https://ninjaforms.com/docs/webhooks/

Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook

This will generate a unique webhook url to configure in Ninja Forms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@John_Pierce 

Another option to try is to duplicate the Zap.

@Troy Tessalone … Is there any way to duplicate a Zap but have it generate a NEW webhook URL?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @John_Pierce,

Unfortunately, when you duplicate a Zap that contains a Webhook trigger. The Zap won’t generate a new Webhook URL.

Regarding your initial issue, have you tried reconnecting your Ninja Forms account and see if it’ll load in the new fields that you’re looking for? If that didn’t work, and the new fields is present in the DATA IN/DATA OUT section of the Zap run. I’d recommend utilizing the “custom pill” mapping workaround.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊