Best answer

New item in Notion Database trigger not working

• 22 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,
I have a Notion database with projects and events. I created a Zap that triggers on each new iteam creation in this database that connects it to my Outlook Calendar, creating an event.
The Zap works perfectly during testing and does create the event in my calendar from the test data, but whenever I actually try it, it never triggers. I tried creating 4 or 5 iteams in the database and none of them triggered the zap (yes the zap is on btw).
I have a few questions :

• Does anyone know why the trigger won’t work ?
  • When do triggers actually start the zap ? I’m wondering because this zap needs the item’s date to function, but when the item is created, it does not have a date right away. I have to enter the name of the item, then once it’s created, I go to the date property tab and add the date as quickly as possible, but won’t the trigger start before that ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

icon

Best answer by F.malet 22 November 2023, 10:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

I’m sorry, it was just taking 12 to 15mn to activate, when I was done typing, all 5 events were in the calendar.
This one can be closed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

No worries @F.malet! Thanks for following up here to share what the cause of the issue was, it’s much appreciated! 🤗

I’ll close this topic out now but please do reach back out to the Community again if you run into any further issues or have questions - the Community is always here and happy to help!