Question

New File in Folder - Google Drive - Not Triggering when existing file is edited and moved to the folder assigned to the zap

• 27 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi! I have a zap set up: email the pdf of new file in a shared google drive folder. The zap normally works but on occasion, when moving an existing file from an outside folder that is within the same shared drive (into the folder assigned to the zap), it does not trigger and zapier does not reflect an error. 

I am aware that edits need to be made to an existing file within four days of the move. I have tested making edits before moving, closing the file and waiting on a zap and the zap still isn’t running. 

Additional background:

We have private domain google email accounts (bocataq.com) as well as a gmail.com account that access these files. 

The shared drive is on the private domain (bocataq.com) but files are normally generated by the google.com user. 

The zap normally triggers when either the bocataq.com or google.com accounts create and move the files into the folder. 

The file that triggers the zap is a google sheet.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BocaTaq 

Good question.

One possible workaround is to download the file to the desktop to upload to the GDrive Folder.

Hi @BocaTaq 

Good question.

One possible workaround is to download the file to the desktop to upload to the GDrive Folder.

Hi @Troy Tessalone, thanks for your comment. Are you recommending that this be done manually? Or, that two zaps be established: one to download the file and one to upload it from the desktop? There are 3 users that regularly access the files. Does it matter which desktop is used?

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BocaTaq 

Merely offering a manual suggested solution for handling files that aren’t triggering the Zap.

Thanks so much for your input @Troy Tessalone! I’m looking for a solution with the zap in itself, we have a manual work around in place for now 😉