Best answer

New Database Item is the only Option for Notion

• 30 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi Guys

I am not able to create a notion event trigger when Database Item is Updated

New Database Item is the only Option for Notion

But i could have sworn you can make an event when a database item was updated?

And other users have shared in the forums that they could use it….

What’s going on?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 30 May 2023, 15:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hey @fotoflo, welcome to the community!

There isn’t currently a Notion trigger for an updated database item. I’m sorry about that. The triggers shown in the screenshot were briefly made available and then removed. I’ve reached out to the team responsible for the Notion integration to try and get some more information about why and to see if there’s an ETA on any new triggers. 

In the meantime, I’ve added you to the open feature request that we have asking for an updated database item trigger. This lets the team know how many users are interested in the feature and also means that we’ll send you an email if we have an update on this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @fotoflo 

Good question.

Related topic:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @fotoflo!

I did some digging into this and the other triggers were built by a third party and found to have a large number of errors, so we rolled back the code as we didn’t want users to try and use something that would cause them a lot of issues. I don’t have an ETA on when we’ll be able to see those additional triggers again, but I have raised this with the team at Zapier responsible for the app so they know that this is something that a lot of users are waiting for. 

I’m sorry I don’t have better news for you.