Skip to main content
Question

New Card in Trello is not triggering

• 4 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi @mayvees17,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like this is a known bug where there’s a 30-minute delay with the Trello “New Card” trigger. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for sharing these details. I’m not sure if this is the same bug I’m struggling with but my New Card trigger doesn’t seem to be working even though it’s set up just the same as my Card Moved To List trigger (which has worked fine for several years). The New Card trigger just doesn’t seem to fire (and a Board is selected - I saw the report elsewhere that one has to be). It tests successfully.

I’m confused as to how this is a question of adding affected users to a list to prioritise the developers’ time and attention. If there’s a problem with the trigger, that affects anyone who uses Zapier to connect to Trello. It’s not just a case of an odd configuration for a tiny number of users. The others just haven’t run across it yet or haven’t found this board to report it, but that doesn’t mean they’re not affected by it. And how can a bug like this take almost a year to fix?

If nothing else, can this delay be documented in the same place as the 15 minute detail is? I’ve tried to edit my Zap time and time again for several years to try and get it to work, thinking that if it fails after 15 minutes that means it doesn’t work -- when in fact by the sounds of things it might have done if I’d just waited another 15 minutes.

V

This post was split from topic: 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @velw,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I have moved your reply to a new topic. I hope you don’t mind!

Before we dig deeper into this, have you tried reconnecting your Trello account? After that, could you please try triggering the Zap again to see if it’ll work?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!