Best answer

new account authentication failed: The app returned "Wrong user credentials.". when trying integration with 123formbuilder

• 4 May 2023
  • 5 replies

We hit an error adding your new account
authentication failed: The app returned "Wrong user credentials.".

Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
Double check your Account has the correct permissions
Check out our help docs for more information
this is the error I’m facing even if my credentials are correct and no permition are needed form the 123formbuilder.

icon

Best answer by SFZapAcc 5 May 2023, 14:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @SFZapAcc,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, I was wondering if you could help me out by trying a couple of things?

First off, would you mind giving the reconnect process another go but this time in an incognito browser? I'm curious to know if this will make any difference. My theory is that this issue could be caused by cached browser information, so trying this in an incognito tab could help us confirm that.

If that doesn't work, could you try creating a brand new connection from https://zapier.com/app/connections/123formbuilder and see if that does the trick?

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Hi @ken.a 

Thanks foryour reply.

I tried as you suggested in an incognito browser, but I got the same error. 

Same if I try with a brand new connection.

Any other idea of what could be causing the issue?

Simona

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @SFZapAcc,

Thanks for giving that a try!

Just a quick additional recommendation. It might be worth resetting your 123FormBuilder password and then trying to authenticate again. This could potentially resolve the authentication issue you're experiencing.

Also, If you authenticate through SSO:

I just wanted to let you know that if you normally log in through an SSO provider like Google or Okta, you won't be able to connect to Zapier at the moment. Unfortunately, the 123FormBuilder team has yet to add this to the integration.

However, we do have an open feature request for this! If you'd like, I can add you to the request so that you'll receive an update when the feature ships. Just let me know if you're interested.

Hi @ken.a 

Thanks for your support. I managed to fix the error.

For anyone else with the same issue: 

my credentials were in fact wrong. I was trying to connect Zapier to 123FormBuilder using my 123FormBuilder Salesforce User but instead I needed to use my 123FormBuilder credentials (same Username/Email but different Password.

If you use Salesforce you may not have (like me) a password for your 123FormBuilder Account so I would suggest reaching to 123FormBuilder Support and ask how you can reset it/create a new one.

Best,

Simona

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @SFZapAcc,

That's great news! I'm so happy to hear that you were able to sort out the issue.

Also, thank you for sharing how you resolved the problem. It's really helpful for other members of our Community who might be experiencing the same issue.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to post them in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊