Best answer

My Zap won't recognize multi-words such as last name or team names - getting an error message.

• 1 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Newbie learning here. Thanks in advance.

I’m using a zap to recognize new information in a new row in a google sheet that contains a specific person attached to it then pushes that new information into a CRM under that same person’s name. The information in the sheet matches the name in the CRM. Traditional First and Last names has no issues, IE: John Smith, but multi words in a last name or even team names have issues, IE: Carol Johnson Smith (not hyphenated) or The Johnson Team. The zap will not recognize Carol Johnson Smith or The Johnson Team and errors out. Am I missing something simple here or a trick of the trade?   

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 1 September 2022, 05:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @littlelucasrealtor 

If the error happens on the CRM step, that means CRM has issue with having two words in a name field, specifically the issue should be with having space between two words.

In this case, I’d suggest manually typing the names (3 words name; 1 word in first name field and 2 words in the 2nd field) in the fields the CRM step in the zap editor and do a test and see if it errors out so that you can be sure that’s the issue.

To solve it, use a formatter step before CRM step and either remove Space with hyphen with replace formatter or use split formatter to get the last one word only. Then map that to the CRM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @littlelucasrealtor! I wanted to see if you were able to get this sorted using @robschmidt’s tips? 

Keep us posted! 🤗