Question

My Hotmart trigger doesn't send Discord usernames for me to use to automatically assigning roles

• 21 October 2022
  • 1 reply

I have created a Zap that works like this: when a user buys a product on Hotmart, a role is immediately added to them in discord.The Zap is configured correctly, however it is obviously not working.It doesn't work since (as far as I understand) Zappier doesn't know the user's Discord, so it's obviously impossible for him to assign the role to him. So my question is: is it possible to make this work?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @nomoredoubts!

Thanks for asking, happy to try to help…
It sounds like you want a role added to a user in Discord, but since you’re not getting the Discord username from the Hotmart trigger that you can’t do it. Is that right?

Is there a way you can get users to enter their Discord username in the Hotmart order? If so, then. you can use a Find User step for Discord and then use the user found by that step in the Add Role step for Discord.

I hope that helps...let us know if you have more questions!