Best answer

My email has been registered, and I CANNOT Change password.

• 7 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I had NEVER register this website since I saw the message in my email.Now I just want use the ‘forgot password’ function to reclaim this account, but whatever I type, Only returns “Your password may not contain your email address.” or “Trying too often”.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 August 2022, 11:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @WaltStar!

I’m sorry for the confusion with the account created using your email address.

When you go to the forgot password page you need to enter the email address used to create the Zapier account. That will send an email to you with the instructions for resetting the password, it’ll have a link in it to take you to Zapier to enter your new password. When you do that, make sure that if the box is asking for your password, enter a new password and not your email address. As you’ve found out, if you try too often in a short space of time you’ll get an error message. If you leave it for a while and come back, you’ll be able to try again. 

If you’re still having trouble changing your password, it’s best to contact the Support Team using the Get Help form as they can help you with questions related to your account/the account under your email address. 

Thanks!