Question

Microsoft Outlook error: Unable to retrieve the list of emails, the requested user "posreporting' is invalid.

• 16 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am trying to configure a Zap that is triggered when a shared inbox, “posreporting” receives an email with a report attached. From here, I am going to upload the report to the correct Dropbox folder. The problem I am running into is getting the shared inbox to connect. I’ve tried typing ‘posreporting’ and ‘posreporting@ourdomain.com”. 

See error here^

Please let me know if you know a potential solution. Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @FP_Caroline 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap trigger step is configured.

Userlevel 1
See trigger ^

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FP_Caroline 

Does the connected Outlook account have access to the shared inbox as indicated by the field description?

The sender and receiver's domain is the same, and the receiver is a shared inbox

The Zap will not trigger for emails sent to a shared inbox that has the same domain as the sender's address. To fix this, send the email from an address with a different domain.

Userlevel 1

The shared inbox has the same domain as my personal inbox because the domain is the company name. Is there any work around?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FP_Caroline 

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support for possible guidance/troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/app/get-help