Question

Microsoft Excel error: The app returned, "You don't have permission to open this file in the browser."

• 26 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Morning you knowledeable lot,

I am trying to synchronise information from a CRM like software into Google Sheets. If was connected before stopped working due to access. I tried to reconnect but now i seem to have forgotten the steps.

1. Initially the first set up was Synched via One Drive but everytime an information was supposed to be synced across prints this error message. ‘’The app returned "You do not have permissions to open this file in the browser."
  2. I am trying to sych a Google Sheet in Google Drive 
  3. The task is to create a new row of information with every new trigger so i clicked.
  4. Initially showed ‘’My Google Drrive’’ ( See screenshots) then it shows other documents i recognise but not the spreadsheet i require.

What can i do to change this ?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Melly47. Welcome to the Community! 👋

Can you confirm what trigger event you’re using for the Zap? For example is it the New Row trigger for Microsoft Excel? I’m guessing it’s a Microsoft Excel trigger that’s now getting an “You do not have permissions to open this file in the browser” error is that correct?

There should be a + Load more option available from the dropdown menu on the Spreadsheet field:

c0b3ada74d1ca4f55447076c8ed41df7.png

Can you try clicking on that button to see if the desired spreadsheet is then loaded in? If you’ve got a large number of spreadsheets it may take a several clicks for it to be loaded in. What can also help is to start typing in the name of the spreadsheet in the Search field (located above the list of spreadsheets) and then click on the + Load more button.

Please give that a try and me know how it goes, keen to help get this sorted!