Skip to main content
Question

Microsoft Excel error. Error message: Authorization access_token missing for Microsoft Excel.

Hi Team - Since about 19th May my ebay sales to excel row zap is no longer working.

I have reconnected and recreated multiple times.  Even created a new sheet.

I have had this working everyday for nearly a year now and its now  broken!

Step 2. Add Row in Microsoft Excel

This Microsoft Excel step hit an error.

Error message: Authorization access_token missing for Microsoft Excel.

I think other people in another thread may have the same issue - but slightly different - Anyone else?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Further error :

Failed to create an add row in Microsoft Excel

Unable to process request. Learn more about this error: http://zpr.io/6a6q8

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @cbc, welcome to the Community! 😁

Hmm, a “Authorization access_token missing” type of error usually indicates that the connection to Excel has expired. In which case reconnecting the app account can help to resolve the issue. 

I’ve guessing you’ve already done that as you’re now running into an “Unable to process request” error on the Microsoft Excel action. There is another thread in Community for a similar issue with the Microsoft Excel app which I suspect may well be related to the issue you’re running into here:

Can you take a look in the Zap and confirm if you’re able to see your ​​worksheets listed in the Worksheet field’s dropdown menu, or does it look like this:
6b13d311e8aad9f0c45a77a9bf3d328e.png

If no worksheets are loaded then the “Unable to process request” error is likely caused by the same bug, in which case I’ll get you added to the bug report. 

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there - I am seeing this a few times yes, reconnected a few times and tried to get it running on two sheets also.  

Sometimes the worksheets show up sometimes not- however when testing the ZAP and it running for the first time it fails.

Why has it stopped working suddenly ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for confirming that @cbc. In that case I’ll get you added to the bug report that’s being discussed in that other Community thread. I can’t make any promises around when it will be resolved but we’ll be sure to let you know as soon as it is. 

I’m not entirely sure why it suddenly stopped working for you, given that the bug surfaced earlier than May 19th. Are you able to see successful Zap runs in your Zap History prior to that date, if not then it’s possible that it may have stopped working earlier than that. In which case it’s likely to have stopped working due to that bug.

If it definitely only stopped working after that date, then it could be that these “Unable to process request” errors are the result of an additional bug that’s occurring in conjunction with or as a result of the reported bug. In which case it might be worth contacting our Support team to flag this potential new bug so that they can open up a bug report to have this investigated further. You can do that using the form at the bottom of the page here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help (select the Report a bug or request a feature option).

To help get things up and running again, it might be worth making a copy of the existing spreadsheet in another spreadsheet app and copying the existing Zap where you then switch the Microsoft Excel action to the equivalent action in the alternative spreadsheet app. That will add new rows into the new version of the spreadsheet. Then once the issues are resolved you can move back to the previous Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, or continue using the alternative if preferred.

Hope that helps. Please do keep us updated on how you get on, keen to ensure you’re all set! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry your short term workaround I dont understand ?  Do you mean zap to google sheets for example instead of excel for the time being ?

To clarify dates - things got weird from the 19th May onwards but i think then permanently broke on the 30th may? 

How does this fit with your scenarios? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just to add one further item.    My constant zap run errors now (for two zaps i have setup now) , in addition to the untouched original one display this.

No detail to go on….

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yet again - the worksheets are not loading up properly again  ?  

Userlevel 1
Badge

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I have the same issue, and it has started the same day.

So it seems there is a problem with zapier and excel.

Tried to disconnect and reconnect the app but nothing happens.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Some more information.

When you try and reconnect, or create a new zap it cant find the excel worksheets anymore.

Even in a new file or existing file where it used to find the worksheets before.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

I can correctly see the file, but still receiving the error:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Apologies for missing your messages here @cbc and @restigian!

I have the same issue, and it has started the same day.

@restigian - I see that you’ve already reached out on the main thread relating to the bug causing those “You do not have permission to open this file in the browser” errors and failure to load the Worksheets. You’ve been added to that bug report so we’ll be in touch once it’s been fixed.

Sorry your short term workaround I dont understand ?  Do you mean zap to google sheets for example instead of excel for the time being ?

@cbc - Yes, Google Sheets could be used an alternative in the meantime.

To clarify dates - things got weird from the 19th May onwards but i think then permanently broke on the 30th may? 
How does this fit with your scenarios?  

@cbc - It could be that you might be running into more than one bug here as you’re not able to consistently load the worksheets but aren’t seeing the same “You do not have permission to open this file in the browser” error. I don’t have access to the logs for your Zap so I can’t confirm if the “Unable to process request” errors you’re seeing are a direct result of the known bug or a different bug. I’ve added you to the bug report for the known issue in the other thread since you’re unable to load the worksheets, so we’ll send you an email notification as soon as that’s resolved.

I recommend contacting our Support team here to have the “Unable to process request” errors investigated further in case they are being caused by a different bug.

Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on with them!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Any news - excel issues still. Excel integration permanently broken! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’ve just double-checked the bug report @cbc and there’s no updates on the status of the issue.

Really wish I was able to give at least some idea on when you can expect it to be resolved by. This issue is having such a big impact on everyone’s workflows that utilise Microsoft Excel and must be so frustrating. If there’s any changes we’ll be sure to share an update in the main thread discussing this issue here: