Best answer

Making New Customer in WooCommerce - Want Them Subscribed

• 13 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a zap that makes a new WooCommerce customer when someone signs up to our website popup. The zap is triggered by a new signup on the popup, then takes the email address to make a new customer in WooCommerce. We want the customer to be marked as User Subscribed when they are added to WooCommerce. We confirmed with MailChimp that the meta data required to be passed is key: mailchimp_woocommerce_is_subscribed and value:1 so we have that as our meta data. 

When I make tests by signing up on our website and check the zap history, the output looks right, but when I check the customer in WooCommerce, the user subscribed box isn’t checked. Anyone have ideas on why it may not be working? screenshots below…

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 19 October 2022, 15:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Tajima Direct and welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your WooCommerce Zap. Unfortunately, the images you attached don’t seem to have uploaded properly and I think that we need them to get to the bottom of things. Could you try uploading them again? Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the quick reply @Danvers . Here are the screenshots uploaded again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Tajima Direct - circling back here as I see you’ve been in touch with our Support Team who took a deeper dive into your Zap. Providing their findings below in an effort to help other folks who may have a similar question.

If you’re able, we’d love to know what the WooCommerce team is able to determine here!

It seems your Zap does send the key-value pair of mailchimp_woocommerce_is_subscribed: 1 to WooComerce in your Create Customer in WooCommerce Action. 

However, within the response from WooCommerce, there are two IDs associated with the key "mailchimp_woocommerce_is_subscribed” one of which has no value.

With the supplied GIST from your Zapier support ticket, the WooCommerce team can examine further as to why one ID is updating with the value and the other ID is not.