Best answer

MailerLite error: “Group not found.”

Userlevel 1

Hi, I hope someone here can help me!

I am trying to setup a Zap between Quiz Maker and MailerliteClassic where a subscriber is added to a group depending on their quiz outcome. I have used the Quiz Maker field “Outcome Match Name” for the subscriber group and Mailerlite has a corresponding group for each of the possible outcomes.

When I test the Zap, I get this error “Group not found”. I wondered if this could have been due to the groups having no subscribers at the moment so, I have added one to each but, the error still occurs.

Does anyone have an idea as to what I have done wrong here? 🙏

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 13 March 2023, 10:10

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @JoMiller 

Can you please share a screenshot of your current setup so we can help you better? 

Probably MailerLite is waiting for a Group ID and you are using a Group Name

Userlevel 1

Hi @MohSwellam Thanks for such a quick reply! I have attached a screenshot and I guess you’re right on the group name/ID but, I can’t see how I can resolve the problem...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @JoMiller! Thanks for sharing, super neat idea! 

Unfortunately your screenshot didn’t come through. 😔 Could you try sending it again? Specifically we’re looking for the action setup with any personal details removed.

Thanks so much! 

Userlevel 1

Oh dear @christina.d , that’s not a good start for me! I’ll try again….

Userlevel 1

@christina.d  and @MohSwellam - Did my screenshot show you everything you needed to see? Do you have any idea how I can get this to work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @JoMiller 

Sorry for the late reply.

yes it did. As you can see, Subscriber Group is waiting for a number (which is the group ID) while you are passing the group name. You probably need a Lookup Table (found in Formatter by Zapier > Utilities) where you can input the group name and the corresponding group ID so you can pass it here

Userlevel 1

@MohSwellam Thank you so much for your help - that worked perfectly! As you can probably tell, I’m a bit new to Zapier so, I didn’t realise someting like this was possible. Take care 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s brilliant news, @JoMiller! 😁🎉

Really pleased to see MohSwellam was able to get you pointed in the right direction here. Thanks for keeping us in the loop!