Question

Mailchimp's New or Updated Subscriber Triggering on Old Subscriber Events

• 10 April 2023
  • 7 replies

We received lots of triggers on the “New or Updated Subscriber” Event on Mailchimp, where all of the events were actually from old subscrbers.  Has anyone else seen this?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sumin

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Belarc 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

We need more context for how the Zap is configured. Can you please send screenshots of the Zap setup? (Kindly blur any personal information/detail in the screenshots)

Looks like all of the events were triggered by “Hard Bounces” in Mailchimp.

Any idea on how to avoid creating triggers on hard bounces?

Should we change the trigger to “New Subscribers” only?

Thanks,

Sumin

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Belarc yes, that would be my approach. You can also try setting up/adding a Filter step that filers out any “Hard Bounces.” 

As someone who uses mail campaign services in my personal time, I would recommend some light housekeeping either monthly or bi-monthly to remove any hard-bounces from your subscriber list. It is unlikely that the emails will go through to them in the future, and takes up space from active subscribers. I’m unaware of Mailchimp, but some services charge based off subscribers. My goal is to help you here at Zapier, not only will this prevent Zaps from triggering and using up tasks, but also helps you out on the backend as well. 

Hope this helps!

HI Brem and Chanelle,

Thanks for your quick replies.  Please find below the screenshot.  I changed the trigger from “New and Updated Subscribers” to “New Subscribers” in Mailchimp.

Regards,

Sumin

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Belarc,

Thanks for letting us know!

We'd like to confirm if the changes you made to the Zap have resolved the issue with old Mailchimp subscribers still triggering the Zap. Could you please let us know if everything is working as expected now?

Please let us know, thanks! 😊

HI Zapier,

>We'd like to confirm if the changes you made to the Zap have resolved the issue with old Mailchimp subscribers still triggering the Zap.

Unfortunately I won’t know until we send another email from those audience lists.  But we should know in another couple of months.

Regards,

Sumin

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Belarc,

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you once you've confirmed whether or not it has been resolved.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime. Have a great day! 😊