Question

Keller Williams Command error: Email must be an email

Hello! We have some failed zaps that I’m trying to troubleshoot so we can get our Leads into KW Command but I’m seeing the email must be an email error at the bottom of the step. Any ideas how to fix it, please?

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @VR314TC 

Good question.

For us to have enough context, please post detailed screenshots with the encountered error message as well as how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Hello! We have some failed zaps that I’m trying to troubleshoot so we can get our Leads into KW Command but I’m seeing the email must be an email error at the bottom of the step. Any ideas how to fix it, please?

Hi @VR314TC 

Good question.

For us to have enough context, please post detailed screenshots with the encountered error message as well as how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Not sure if it helps but please check the screenshot I added. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@VR314TC

We can’t see the value for email, but based on the error message the value may not be a properly formatted email address.

@VR314TC

We can’t see the value for email, but based on the error message the value may not be a properly formatted email address.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@VR314TC 

The value is not a valid email address.

Everything between the () needs to be removed.

@VR314TC

The value is not a valid email address.

Everything between the () needs to be removed.

So I was comparing it to our successful ones and I saw this… we are using an email parser BTW if that changes anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@VR314TC 

When you see {{placeholder}} in the DATA IN for a Zap Run step, it means the mapped dynamic variable was either missing (null/blank/empty) or is not properly mapped.

Looks like the parsed email did not return a value for the email address, thus it was missing.

@VR314TC

When you see {{placeholder}} in the DATA IN for a Zap Run step, it means the mapped dynamic variable was either missing (null/blank/empty) or is not properly mapped.

Looks like the parsed email did not return a value for the email address, thus it was missing.

Oh, I see. Then that would just mean no email so it passed the step. Am I right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@VR314TC 

Correct.

I keep getting this troubleshoot error even though the data clearly is entered correctly. HELP!

This is the google sheets data feeding into Zapier and trying to feed through to command.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @The Ellisong Group 

Can you please post a screenshot with how your Zap step is configured to help give us more context?

Please let me know if there are specific sections you need to see

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @KerryEllison,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I noticed that the sample data from Google Forms seems to be using a “fallback” sample data. Could you please skip the testing for the action step, then publish the Zap? Once it’s live, trigger the Zap by creating a new form response in Google Forms and check the Zap History to see if it’ll run into the same error.

Please keep us posted! 😊