Best answer

Kajabi course access was not granted despite successful purchase confirmation in Flodesk.

• 22 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am trying to grant access to a Kajabi course when a new subscriber is added to a segment in flow desk. But every time I do it I am getting the purchase confirmation through flow desk but it is not granting access through Kajabi. any thoughts?

thank you!

icon

Best answer by cassandra714 22 November 2023, 01:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cassandra714 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order to give us context.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I actually ended up finding some help online. I ended up choosing the email option in the external ID and for some reason that worked!

Thank you so much for replying so quickly and offering to help. I will use this community next time for sure!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an awesome news @cassandra714! I’m glad to hear that the Zap is now working!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

ok im back! lol I had a friend test out the purchase and she did not receive her kajabi access granted email. The zap said “ failed , email already taken. she has purchased something from me before , so i’m afraid this will happen when a customer buys again that has purchased from me before. 

thank you! sorry pic is so big! lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @cassandra714,

Kajabi can be a bit tricky when it comes to using the External User ID, which is required for use in a Zap. We recommend making this ID the email address of the user, as that data generally doesn't often change between apps. 

I think there are a few things that need to line up here for the Zap to work consistently:

1. Does the external ID of the email address match what is set in Kajabi? If there is a different ID but the same email address when the Zap runs, this will cause an error. I see that Kajabi has been able to help other users update their accounts so that the email is the same as the external user ID for every user.
  2. The external user ID is case sensitive, and if it doesn't match exactly, it will throw the "offer: has already been granted to this member" message.

It also looks like Kajabi has a great article on troubleshooting Zaps here that might also be helpful: https://help.kajabi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040882954-Troubleshooting-Zapier.

Hopefully, this helps!