Question

Issue with Zap Between CLOSE CRM and Google Contacts - Missing Email and Phone Information

• 17 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello Zapier Community,

I'm encountering an issue with a Zap I've set up between CLOSE CRM and Google Contacts. I would appreciate any guidance or suggestions to resolve this problem.

Problem Description:

• Objective: When I create a lead in CLOSE CRM, I want a new contact to be automatically created in my Google Contacts.
  • Zap Configuration: I've set up a Zap to achieve this, and during the testing phase, it worked perfectly. The desired outcome was achieved without any issues.
  • Issue After Publishing: However, when I publish the Zap and let it run in the background, a contact is created in Google Contacts, but the email address and phone number are not included.
  • Troubleshooting Attempt: To determine whether the issue lies with CLOSE CRM or Google, I tried a workaround. I added an intermediate step where the lead is inserted into a Google Sheet row, and then from there into Google Contacts. This setup worked fine in tests.
  • Persistent Problem: Despite the workaround, when I let the process run in the background and create a lead in CLOSE CRM, a new row is added to the Google Sheet, but it only includes the name, without the email and phone number.

Additional Information:

• I've double-checked all field mappings in the Zap to ensure they are correctly set up.
  • The problem only occurs when the Zap is running in the background after being published; during tests, it functions as expected.

I'm unsure if this is a problem with the Zapier integration, CLOSE CRM, or Google Contacts. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue, or does anyone have insights on what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Thank you for your assistance!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @KemalLuxury 

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have true context.

Check your Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

After further investigation, I reviewed the history log of the Zap's actions. It appears that CLOSE CRM, according to the history, is only outputting the name of the lead and not providing additional details like the email address and phone number. This might be a key factor in why these details are missing in the Google Contacts that are being created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@KemalLuxury 

You can try adding another step for Close Find Contact to see if that returns the desired data.

Or maybe even a Delay, then Close Find Contact.