Skip to main content
Question

Issue with Weekly User Rotation in Slack Using Zapier

• 17 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I have implemented a user rotation system in Slack, similar to an on-call rotation, using Slack, Google Sheets and some actions in Zapier. Essentially, every Monday, I trigger an event that announces the on-call person by sending a message to Slack. This system rotates members weekly.

However, the event is currently triggering without any issues on an hourly basis but not on a daily or weekly basis. I’m using the "Storage by Zapier" action to save the indexes. How long does this action retain the data? Could this be causing the issue?

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Rasangika 

Can you clarify what you mean by triggering on a daily/weekly basis?

The Zap trigger is Schedule (Every Hour).

Userlevel 1

Yes, every hour is working fine. Every day or Every week is not working for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Rasangika 

You would need to use the applicable Zap trigger event for the Schedule app to be:

• Every Day
  • Every Week

Then it depends on the configured settings within the Zap trigger step.

Plus it depends on the time zone you have set in your Zapier account profile or set in the Zap settings.

Userlevel 1

Yes, I used the correct action to get the message to Slack daily or weekly and tested it a couple of times, but no luck.

I’m not sure about the timezone. But if I set the Time Offset to 00 or else and the event to Every hour, it worked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Rasangika 

For us to have context, you would need to post screenshots with how your Zap trigger step is configured in EDIT mode.

Zapier account profile time zone settings are here: https://zapier.com/app/settings/profile

Zap level time zone settings are here: