Skip to main content
Best answer

Issue with the Facebook Leads App not automatically triggering since July 10th

• 14 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi There! Has anyone been experiencing an issue with using the Facebook Leads App since July 10th?

Nothing has changed within Zapier or the ads which have been generating leads, but since after July 10th, none of the Zaps which are using the Facebook Lead app are automatically triggering when a new FB lead comes in.

I work with numerous different clients who are all generating leads using Facebook Lead ads and then use Zapier to capture the lead and push it into an email system & CRM and also send out some notifications.

It’s very strange that it’s happened all at the same time across multiple clients.

I have rebuilt the Zaps from scratch but they are still not automatically triggering when new leads come in.

I can’t see any app notifications about needing to upgrade the apps within Zapier and when you test the app connection, it all works fine.

There is nothing within the Zap history that shows that the zap has errored. In fact there is no history of anything running when the FB leads have been generated.

However, if you go and edit one of the zaps, go through the steps on the FB Lead Ad app and click on ‘Find New Records’, it will successfully pull through all the new leads from Facebook. If I then select one of the newly pulled in leads and step the zap through, everything triggers and works as it should.

Can anyone suggest anything here?

Do I need to get my clients to delete the Facebook Lead Ad app and re-connect it and then rebuild the zaps? That’s not really ideal as there will be significant work there to get everything working again.

Also as it’s happened at the same time across multiple different clients, I’m guessing that this might be something on the Zapier or Facebook side.

Many thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MartinC 

I’ve seen other report this issue as well and it appears to be widespread and originating on the Facebook side.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Ah ok, thank you for letting me know. 

Cheers

Userlevel 1

Hello, guys!

I’m experiencing the same issue with a lot of customers. I really need to fix this ASAP!!!

Do we have any updates about this issue?

I identified that the issue is global. There are several reports on the Facebook community and other sites like Make.com, but Zapier has not yet commented on it (unfortunately).

I ask that, like other companies, you contact Facebook to urge a solution to this issue.

I found a topic on the Facebook forum with a response from the Facebook team stating that they are working on it.

Zapier, being a large company, has more influence to push the Facebook engineering team.

One tip: it seems that the errors are only coming from Instagram leads, while Facebook leads are arriving normally (it's important to confirm this).

The issue has been present since the 10th.

Here is the link to the topic where Facebook provided the response:
https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/1130587701359392/

hello, for me this represents a big problem, some leads can enter the CRM but others do not enter, researching I realized that the leads that are not entering the CRM are leads that come from Instagram (stories, reels, feeds, etc). I hope this Meta bug is fixed ASAP and if zapier can help with his influence it would be greatly appreciated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Zapier Status page related incident: https://status.zapier.com/incidents/pxgvyb185cts

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks 👋

I’m so sorry to see that you’re all running into these issues with Facebook. As noted earlier in the thread here, it is a widespread issue on Meta’s end that isn’t exclusive to Zapier.

This issue is also being discussed in the Community over here:

And is linked to an existing bug report that’s tracking folks being affected by this. @MartinC, @wesley.rocha, @LEANDRO PEIXOTO and @AngelMen-GSP - you’ve all been added to that bug report so you will all get an email from us once it’s been resolved. Thanks for everyone’s input and insights shared here, it’s much appreciated.

As we’ve already got one topic tracking this issue in the Community I’m going to close this one out to make it easier for folks to keep track of this issue in a single place.

For anyone that comes across this thread and wants to be added to the bug report please reach out on the main thread here and request to be added.