Skip to main content
Best answer

Facebook Lead Ads trigger is inconsistent and missing leads

Hello,

I am an extensive user of Facebook Lead forms in combination with Zapier Automations. We recently discovered that our automation is not always triggerd (mostly it is working correctly).

I made an export of the leadform in META and found one of the leads was missing in our automation history. When I editted my automation manually to check for new records, it also found the missing record, so I could manually run in through the automation. Do others have similar experiences with missing triggers, and is there a solution to this?

Thank you in advance for your help.  

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

49 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Maarten 

Recent Zap integration updates may have addressed this bug.

Facebook Lead Ads

The following user-reported issues were resolved:

• Bug: New Lead: 'Error code: Error while retrieving: Cannot read properties of undefined reading 'map'' when pulling samples
  • Bug: New Lead Trigger Intermittently Missing Leads / Webhook

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Maarten ,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hi everyone,

I'm having the same issue. It's happening on mutiple zaps now who have been working well in the past. Can you help me?

Experiencing the same issue, missing leads periodically

Userlevel 1

Same, any solutions?

Same issue here, Meta Ads has 306 leads, however the zap only run 178. 

Any ideas on how I can find out why Zapier didn’t run 306 leads?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi everyone 👋

@Maarten, @Extensio, @House Lift@Funnel Consulting and @IHC - I did some digging and it appears you’re all running into an issue that’s been identified on the Facebook Lead Ads app where the New Lead trigger is intermittently missing leads. I’ve added you all to the bug report for this issue which will help to increase it’s priority. I can’t make any promises around when it will be resolved by but we’ll definitely send you all an email notification as soon as it’s been fixed.

There aren’t any reported workarounds at present but I’ll be sure to share details of any workarounds or news I come across here in the meantime. 

Userlevel 1

We have the same problem - IG leads are not triggering webhook api calls even though they exist in the form. This has been happening since 10th July and has gotten worse since then. We are currently receiving no IG leads.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear you’re running into this as well @DavidTb13. I’ve added you to the bug report so you’ll be notified by email as soon as it’s been sorted. 

In the meantime, we’ve created a public-facing incident page for this issue here: https://status.zapier.com/incidents/tdtz4cvmxy92. You can subscribe to updates on that incident to follow along with progress on this issue.

Thanks for everyone’s patience while this is being worked on. We’ll share further updates as soon as possible.

Userlevel 1

FYI @SamB same problem here. Is there anything we can do to make ourselves available to identify the cause?

LOOK : https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/1130587701359392/

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @echo and @LEANDRO PEIXOTO 👋

@echo - thanks for letting me know that you’re being affected by this as well. I’ve gone ahead and added you to the bug report so you’ll get an email notification as soon as it’s resolved. 

Looking at the discussion in the thread that @LEANDRO PEIXOTO shared the Meta team have requested that folks send them some more examples so that they can better investigate this issue. So if you can share some examples with them there that will help the Meta team investigate further and identify the cause. 

@LEANDRO PEIXOTO - thanks for sharing that helpful link here! It’s looks like you’ve already been added by our Support team to the bug report so you’ll also get notified once it’s sorted. 🙂

Userlevel 1

FAcing same issue. Please fix it on priority

Hi! I set up two Zaps from Facebook Leads to Email Octopus on July 14 and 15, they both look good and are ON and still no Leads are coming through so I think it’s related to this same issue. I would appreciated if you could keep me updated. Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

We have the same problem - IG leads are not triggering webhook api calls even though they exist in the form. We are still not receiving IG leads.

What is the update on this? And is there any workarounds we can do?

Thank you!

Hello,

we are also affected to this problem, please put us too in bug report

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi friends,

Unfortunately, the issue is still on going. I have added you all to the open bug report. We will keep you updated once the bug has been fixed. In the meantime, you can watch for updates on our status page here: https://status.zapier.com/

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1

Glad I found this thread. Hopefully this helps everyone (until the issue is fixed).

I noticed the issue has been happening since July 10 and is causing major issues with all of our Facebook accounts. It seems to be a Facebook issue, however Facebook support just seems to reference articles we can access ourselves. I’ve opened 3 tickets from July 11 and nothing.  

Here’s what I identified and KNOW for sure. The ONLY leads triggering are leads that are populated into Business Suite Leads Center. So if you see any lead in that pipeline, 100% chance your Zap triggered. It also seems as if it’s only Instagram leads are not populating (still verifying on my end)

Example: In your Business Manager, search for a date range from July 10 to the current date, then search for the same date range in that accounts Business Suite Leads Center. You’ll be able to easily identify the amount of leads that have not triggered Zapier. If the Business Manger has 10 leads and the Business Suite has 7, your Zap most likely did not trigger 3 times. 

I assume Zapier must be pulling data from the Business Suite, not the Business Manager. 

I’ve been manually searching everyday at the same time (6:00 AM ET) and it’s a pain. But if you get less than 3 leads a day, go to your Zap, in the Test tab find new records, then your new leads should populate. From there manually run the zaps. If there are more than 3 leads, you need to create a new automation where you can upload your Facebook lead data into a CSV and trigger a Zap...i’m sure you get it from here.

💡 Also, my team has tried duplicating an ad, duplicating the form, and both - none seem to have a temporary fix, so hopefully this save anyone time from running tests.

I hope this helps the Facebook Lead Gen gang. 

Zapier, please provide an update asap! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thank you so much for sharing those helpful details and workarounds here @Will R., it’s very much appreciated! 🤗

I can see you’ve already been added to the bug report so you’ll definitely get an email from us to let you know when it’s been fixed.

The incident page will be the best place to reference in terms of regular updates but I’ll surface the latest status update from it here in case it’s been missed by anyone in this thread:

Update - Meta is currently experiencing an intermittent issue whereby not all leads (e.g. webhooks) are being sent to Zapier. While the majority of leads are still initiating the Trigger, some aren't making it to the Zapier integration.

Our team is actively working with Meta to find a solution. In the meantime, Meta has informed us that leads can still be manually downloaded by following this link: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/734933888443065?id=735435806665862.

We will continue to monitor this issue and work with Meta to resolve this problem.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team: https://zapier.com/help

For now, the only known workaround is to:

1. Export the leads from Facebook directly as a CSV file - see Meta’s Download or retrieve your leads data from Meta guide for details.
  2. Then you send them to a Zap by adding that CSV data into Zapier Tables or a spreadsheet. Check out our Transfer existing data using a spreadsheet guide for more details on how to set that up.

Thanks for everyone’s continued patience here, I do hope things will be resolved soon! 🤞

I’m experiencing the same issue! Can I be added to the bug report? Thank you! 

Please add me to the bug report

Userlevel 1

Same here, my clients are going crazy with this error and it's impossible to do it manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @SophiePost,@Daniel Harris and @leadmais 👋

You’ve all been added to the list of folks being affected by this and we’ll be in touch once it’s resolved. 

We don’t have an ETA on when we can expect this to be fully resolved by, but here’s the latest update from the incident page:

Update - The Facebook engineering team fixed an “out of memory” issue one day ago, which should reduce the impact of the incident.

However, they’re still working on the mitigation actions and on the root cause identification.

We’re in close contact with them to ensure we get a rapid solution.

Userlevel 1

I hope this clue can help Zapier…

https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/1130587701359392/

Zapier, it can help?

No official response from meta regarding the bug:

https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/1130587701359392/

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am an extensive user of Facebook Lead forms in combination with Zapier Automations. We recently discovered that our automation is not always triggerd (mostly it is working correctly).

I made an export of the leadform in META and found one of the leads was missing in our automation history. When I editted my automation manually to check for new records, it also found the missing record, so I could manually run in through the automation. Do others have similar experiences with missing triggers, and is there a solution to this?

Thank you in advance for your help.  

I Have the same issue but not only for one lead, every 10 leads maybe 3 or 4 only triggering, the rest we have to do manually 😡