Issue with country and state in Wave invoice

• 29 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there!

I am creating invoices in Wave from Shopify and keep running into this error

Failed to find or create a customer in Wave

Could not find `Province` with slug: 'WA'

It happens with both country and state even though both are present and valid from Shopify. I have tried both codes ( US, WA) and written out (United States, Washington) and the issue persists. When creating a customer in Wave, these options are drop downs, so I am aware the inputs must match this, but don’t know how else to do it. I have tried to use the formatter to remove possible white spaces etc.

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @carmen802 

The screenshot did not upload.

Userlevel 1

Should be there now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@carmen802 

Help article about mapping dynamic variables to dropdown fields: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @carmen802! 👋

The value selected for the Country field is correct, but it appears that the Province field that needs altering.

For the province field the full name would need to be supplied instead of a two-letter country code. Additionally, it appears that the province needs to be supplied in lowercase, with any spaces replaced by dashes as pictured below:
56d2cabd487e88543d7d9b66b03826c4.png

Can you adjust the first Formatter action so that the Washington province is output as required and confirm whether that fixes it?