Best answer

Issue syncing all existing and new Jira issues into an Airtable base.

• 5 March 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to get an initial sync of all JIRA tickets into an airtable base.
I have 2 Zaps built one triggers for Existing Issues in JIRA and one for New Issues in JIRA. 
Both have a step of “Find Record in AT” and if record doesn’t exist create new record but when I fire them neither does a full pull. 

They do work and will pull and create/populate a record when I run a test.

Thoughts on how to get all tickets pulled into AT?

icon

Best answer by ry.schwei 5 March 2024, 23:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cb345 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how the steps are outlined and configured.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @cb345, yes, some screenshots would be helpful. I’m going to guess one of two issues is at play.

1. You aren’t getting all the properties/fields you want for the JIRA issue. In that case, you’d need to use the Find Issue step in JIRA, which should retireve more properties for you. Sometimes trigger steps receiving information only receive a limited amount of information.

OR

2. You need to retrieve multiple issues at once for the initial sync. I believe Airtable has a bulk import feature. You could export your JIRA issues into something like a CSV, then, import into Airtable. At that point, your two zaps should be good to go. As an issue is updated/created, it would find/create in Airtable and handle it accordingly. 

Best,
Ryan Schweighart
Whole Hart Impact, LLC
whimpact.co
I help businesses with Zapier and HubSpot.

An export didn’t cross my mind. Thanks!