Best answer

Invalid_request_error with Evernote trigger

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi

I encountered a similar problem before, which @Troy Tessalone kindly helped me with. 

I’m trying to create a similar workflow but using the “New Tag Added to Note in Evernote” as the trigger. I want the audio on those Notes to be automatically transcribed by “Create Transcription in OpenAI (GPT-3, DALL-E, Whisper)” but I keep getting the “invalid_request_error” message. I’ve tried several options in the File bar (all shown in the screenshot below -- I’ve tried them together and individually) but without success. 

Can you help?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 3 May 2024, 12:50

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Niels_F 

Remove the mapped variables for:

• Tags
  • Title

If the mapped variable for “Attachment (or zip)”, is a Zip file, then you would first need to unzip the file.

The File field expects a File object or a File url.

Help for using files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone

I tried it with “Attachment (or zip)” on its own and it didn’t work. I had a look at the file attached to the Note in Evernote and it was .aac (which Evernote uses for its native audio recording function) and it doesn’t appear to be compatible with Zapier. So I recorded it as an m4a and attached it again (screenshot below). Again, I’m still getting the error message. Is Evernote maybe not the best tool to be trying this with?

Thanks as ever.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Niels_F,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

It looks like the “Create Transcription” action only supports these file types: 'flac', 'm4a', 'mp3', 'mp4', 'mpeg', 'mpga', 'oga', 'ogg', 'wav', 'webm’. You mentioned that you tried .m4a. However, have you tried using the .m4a as a sample data from the trigger?

Could you please try loading the new sample data in the trigger step. You can do this by selecting the “Find new records” button. Once you've loaded new sample data, go ahead and retry the action step.

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1
Badge

thanks very much, @ken.a . Unfortunately, I can’t see a “find new records” button in the trigger step. Might I be missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Niels_F 

The button can be found in the “Test” tab.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Niels_F,

Just checking in to see if you’ve loaded a new sample data that has the .m4a file extension from the trigger step? Please let us know if you’re stuck on something and we’re happy to help further.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

thank you for following up, @ken.a. I just tried it again now and it worked!

Thanks as always for the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an amazing news @Niels_F! We’re glad to hear that it worked!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗