Question

Intermittent issue with Squarespace form completion Zap that stops working after first run.

• 26 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve created a simple subscribe and add tag Zap when someone completes a form in squarespace.

It worked once added the subscriber and the tag (which then sends an automated email)  

And then stops working for future form completions/sign ups.

This has happened on two attempts to get it working consistently!

Any advice much appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Proud,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I apologize for the inconvenience you’re experiencing with the Zap.

Before we dig deeper, could you please let me know if there’s an error in the Zap History after the Zap runs? If there is, could you please send screenshot of that error?

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi Ken thanks for your support.

There was originally an error but now it seems to work but only with brand new subscribers completing the trigger (a form in squarespace).

So existing subscribers don’t get tagged.

And I need them to be tagged!

Any advice on my set up much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Proud,

At the moment, Zaps are only built to look at new and incoming information, and won't process existing data. You can read a bit more about this here: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/why-isnt-my-zap-triggering-on-existing-records

This means that data created before the Zap is turned on won't be pulled in automatically. 

That said, if you're able to export that data as a spreadsheet or CSV file, you may be able to "import" them using a separate Zap. This guide has some great visual references for getting that workaround set up:https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/bulk-import-data-into-zaps

Hopefully, this helps.