Best answer

Intercom “Find or Create Company” action is not creating the Company

• 16 July 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi there, Am wanting to setup integration from WP Forms in wordpress to send signup details in form to intercom. Create person and company. Currently it creates person, but no company. Anyone have any ideas here? The Zapier integration isnt working.

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by jesse 18 July 2022, 23:55

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @sara-mytrucking 

Can you please share screenshots of how you configured the zap from WP Forms to  Intercom?

Because we need to see the mapping of the fields from the Trigger of form submission data into Intercom Create User action.

That way we can have better context to help you out 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @sara-mytrucking just wanted to close the loop here! It looks as though you were able to write into support who identified this issue as a known bug. Specifically, when The “Find or Create Company” action is configured to “Create” if the company doesn't exist, it returns a “company not found” error and fails to create the company.

We don’t have an ETA on a fix but rest assured as soon as we have any updates, we’ll post them to this thread.

Experiencing this same bug 6 months later. Is there any progress in resolving this? I have reported this issue to both Zapier and Intercom.

For Intercom, the “Find or Create Company” action is configured to “Create” if the company doesn't exist, it returns a “company not found” error and fails to create the company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @Insighttful - thanks for reaching out.

I double checked and while we don’t have any updates to share at the moment, I did confirm you were added to the bug report. This is the best way to stay informed as you’ll receive an email once a fix is in place.

We’ll also keep this thread updated as well. 🙂

Thank you again for raising this in community!

Same here, any updates?

+1 on this issue. @christina.d   - will you or someone on your team please add me to the bug report? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Recess and @kris gholson! 👋

Very sorry about the delay in you getting a response here. I’ve checked on the bug report and there aren’t any updates or an ETA that I can give for this right now. 

I really wish I had better news to share here. I can confirm that you’re both added to the list of users that are being affected by this issue, so you’ll definitely get an email notification from us the minute it’s resolved.

Is this still an issue without any ETA?

We’re also encountering this issue and would like to know if we need to invest development resources to fix it ourselves with direct API integrations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey friends, I have good news! 🎉

A new version of the Intercom app was recently released that fixes this issue with the Find or Create Company action. It will no longer fail to create a company when a match is not found.

Thank you all for your patience here while a fix for this issue was being worked on. Your Zaps will have been automatically updated to make use of this new version, so there’s no further action needed on your part to get things working again. The previously affected Zaps should now function as expected. 😁

Happy Zapping! ⚡