Question

Integrating Stripe with Firestore to Update Subscriptions Results in Error 404 via Zapier

• 27 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I am working on an integration between Stripe and Firestore via Zapier with the goal of updating subscription records within my Firestore collection. However, when the Zap is triggered to update a subscription document after a change in Stripe, I am consistently facing a "Failed to create a record in Firebase / Firestore Error code 404: 404 Not Found".cancelled

Here's a rundown of the process and the stumbling blocks I've encountered:

1. I have a Zap set up that listens for updates from Stripe subscriptions and is intended to reflect these changes in the Firestore collection.cancelled
  2. The Firestore path seems to be correctly defined (e.g., ), utilizing the dynamic document ID that comes from the Stripe trigger.cancelled/{documentId}
  3. I've confirmed that Firestore security rules allow for write permissions on the collection for authenticated services, and the authentication for Zapier is in place.cancelled
  4. No additional API key is being used since authentication with existing credentials has been sufficient for other document creation tasks.

Despite the above, the update action fails with a 404 error, suggesting the targeted document could not be found or the path is incorrect. I need assistance in troubleshooting this issue to achieve seamless synchronization between Stripe subscription updates and Firestore records.

Any insights or suggestions to resolve this error and streamline the Stripe-Firestore data flow would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Danyel,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied on Wednesday with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

First of all, welcome to Zapier!

I've been checking this and to ensure that the Zap works seamlessly, you'll want to consider the following:

• We only support US-hosted databases, so if your database is located in the EU, you'll need to create a US-hosted one to connect to Zapier.
  • Check that you're indeed using a Realtime Database and not a Firestore — if it's a Firestore, you'll want to use a Create Cloud Firestore Document step instead.
  • The path exists — you can confirm it's correct by following these steps. You don't need to map an ID at the end of the path (leave it out) and make sure the trailing slash is removed.

I hope this helps, but if you need any further assistance, feel free to reply back here and include a full-page screenshot (with a visible URL) where we can see the paths in your Firebase account. I'll jump right back into it!

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

Thanks!