Best answer

Instagram - Twitter Zap error: Unable to get a value when looking for “check_after_secs”

• 24 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Trigger: new video posted in Instagram

Action: create tweet in Twitter

With video size 15 MB maximum , I still failed to create video tweet in Twitter, images work well.

Anyone have the same issue?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 25 April 2023, 20:14

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @AnnaNg! 👋

That’s very odd. Is this happening with all videos you attempt to sent to Twitter or just this specific one?

If it’s just this one, I wonder if there’s an issue with the video itself. Perhaps it doesn’t quite meet the requirements that Twitter is expecting. You can see Twitter’s video requirements outlined here: https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api/v1/media/upload-media/uploading-media/media-best-practices

Can you take a look through the requirements and confirm whether the video that’s erroring definitely meets them? 

Keen to get to the bottom of this so let us know what you find please! 🙂

Thanks Sam for the prompt support!

This is happening with all videos that are less than 15MB as per requirements ( image below). 

I am quite confused because requirement in the link you sent me was saying that File size must not exceed 512 Mb.

Just an update: All the requirements from the documentation are met, the only thing that is left to check is if some horizontal video would work.

I  tested 1024x1280 (4:5) and 816x1020 (4:5) but both have not worked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @AnnaNg,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like you’re not the only one who’s having the same issue and it turns out this is a known bug within the Twitter integration. 

Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Having same issue with same specs

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @GFace,

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I have added your email address to the list of affected users on the open bug report. We will update you via email if there’s an update regarding the bug.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

I don’t mean to be rude, but isn’t this basic task exactly what zapier claims to do?

I can’t believe it doesn’t work.

it happen to me to… can you fix this problem ….. i still new for using zapier … 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @act,

I completely understand your frustration, and I apologize for any inconvenience you're experiencing. I have added you and @Adam01 to the list of affected members of the bug.

Thank you for your understanding.