Question

Instagram to Discord: Preview appears in test, but not when published.

• 8 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Hey all,

As seen in the image below when I die the test it showed an embed but when I tried to post on Instagram to test if it would automatically post in the channel it didn’t show anything.

i read that there were issues 4 months ago, but why does it then sometimes work and then all of a sudden not?

thanks in advance!

kind regards

LaCie

As you can see in the first picture this was when setting it up and I tested it before publish.

the second picture at the bottom is when I posted new Instagram reel to test if it would automatically post it.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @LaCie_MouSe! 👋

Sorry to hear the image previews for the Instagram reels aren’t always appearing in Discord. For the reel that didn’t have a preview shown, how recently had it been created?

I’m just wondering if it was linked to on Discord before the Instagram API had, had a chance to be updated with new information about the reel. So it might not have been able to see an image preview for it at the time the message was posted. Do you think that could be the case here?

If so, it might be worth adding a Delay by Zapier action to the Zap to give it a few more minutes before attempting to share the Instagram reel on Discord.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this! 🙂