Skip to main content
Question

Instagram new post to YouTube: No short video and missing upload

• 14 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I noticed that instagram can only create Video on youtube and not shorts. Is it possible to include this integration in Zap?

Also, I have setup the integration between instagram (new post) to Youtube (New Video) and when I tested the Zap it was successful but when I checked my youtube channel no video was created and there’s no error in logs?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Rawand,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I’m so sorry for the delayed response here.

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the YouTube step that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Hi Ken,

Please check the below screenshots:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Rawand,

Thanks for the screenshot.

The reason why successfully testing the Zap the video doesn’t show up in YouTube is normal and was a change made by Zapier for security reasons.

Additionally, could you please try remapping the mapped data on the “Video” field to the “Media URL” data from Instagram? Here’s how the “Media URL” should look like: 981084766ee7c9eff1b79c6414981b91.png
(view larger)

After that, please publish the Zap and trigger the Zap while its published.

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!