Best answer

I can’t get Zapier to take Smartsheet data to create a repeating event

• 6 December 2022
  • 7 replies

I can’t get Zapier to take Smartsheet data to create a repeating event. I can create and invite people to a new event, but if I try to make it repeating, it fails. I saw an article in the FAQ that says something about repeating events being disabled in certain circumstances, but I don’t understand the verbiage that was used in the FAQ. My question: Is the ability to create repeating detailed events disabled, or is this something I can troubleshoot with some help here?

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 19 December 2022, 19:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Jenkins 

Recurring events are supported, can you share screenshot showing your configuration, there might be issue with the way you set it up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @Jenkins! We’d love to help, please share screenshots at your earliest convenience 😊 

Thanks for the support. I deleted my previous attempts, but here’s a screenshot of what I currently have. My date/time format looks like this: 9:00AM -12:00PM. My attempts at repeating looked like this: Repeat Frequency: Daily / Repeat Until: 12/07/22

I didn’t have any success with “repeat how many times?” either.

I made sure my repeat until date was after the original event date.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jenkins!

So just to double check, you had the repeat frequency and repeat until boxes filled when you tried this previously and it didn’t work?

I think I can see the trouble from your screenshot. For the All day field, you’re mapping a value from the Smartsheet step, but the Google Calendar is expecting a yes or no there. If you try changing that to yes using the dropdown box, does that fix the issue? If it does and your events will always be all day events, then great, you’re all set! If there’s a field from Smartsheet that tells you whether the event is all day or not and it could be either, let us know and we can take a look at helping you with that.

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!

Hello,

The all-day field works, but trying to enter a custom value for any of the repeating event fields ended in errors, even when entering the data to be the same as the default values.

I did find a solution, but it isn’t what I would have hoped for: I created a zap for each situation (i.e. Weekly, Daily, Monthly), which checks for my custom field of repeat frequency, then it selects the appropriate frequency selection from the default values.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Jenkins 

One reason this wasn't working might be because you were passing “Daily” while Google Calendar was expecting “daily”. You can add a Formatter step before this action with the following settings: 

Event = Text

Transform = Lowercase

This should do the trick 

That looks like the most likely cause. I assumed it needed to be capitalized since the “all day” prompt accepted capitalized. Thanks for the info.