Best answer

Hupspot: Zap is triggering only for select new contacts

I am running a Zap which should get triggered whenever a new contact is added in Hubspot. It is getting triggered for some contacts and not getting triggered for remaining contacts. There is not filter or condition applied in this Zap.

icon

Best answer by Charie 8 April 2023, 12:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Neeraj Jain 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

To ensure we’re on the same page, you mentioned the remaining contacts. Were these contacts existing contacts before you created the Zap? If so, I’m afraid they won’t trigger the Zap because it will only trigger on “New Contact” after the Zap is published.

Otherwise, kindly send screenshots of how you’ve configured the steps of the Zap so far so I can check for you. (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response!

Thanks, Charie.

I am not expecting the Zaps to be triggered for old contacts. The problem is that it is NOT triggering Zaps for some “new contacts” while triggering Zaps for others “new contacts”. There seems to be no pattern to it. I am attaching the screenshot of Hubspot so my triggered Zaps so that you can compare using timestamps.

Hubspots contacts with the time the new contact was created

Zaps run history since Zap was taken live:

Here are Zap screenshots:

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Neeraj Jain 

Thanks for confirming that information.
It looks like we're running into a bug here. I have created an issue report and added your contact information to the ticket so we can notify you as soon as there are any updates.
We currently do not have a workaround for the behavior. I'm sorry for not having a more immediate solution for this instance.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks, Charie. I appreciate your update. Look forward to hearing from your support team.

In my own analysis, I think the problem is that Zapier is checking for updates after every few minutes and if there are more than one contact (since the last time it checked for new contacts), then it is triggering the Zap only to the latest new contact. 

Could you please confirm if this is what could be happening and what could be the solution to this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Neeraj Jain 

Zapier has different kinds of intervals depending on the plan of the member. This link will explain the trigger types. The trigger on your Zap, specifically, is a polling trigger.

However, for example, if five new contacts were added within the interval, the Zap should still trigger for all the contacts.

I hope that answers your question.