Question

Hubspot to Sheets. Missing Data

• 18 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I have created a zap that triggers when a deal in Hubspot enters a certain stage.  It then takes data from the deal and then adds it to a new row in the designated sheets.  I am running into an issue where only 4 of the 22 fields are populating.

It happens to be just the first 4 fields that populate.  Many of the missing data fields are custom fields, however not all, at least one of them is a standard field.  I have confirmed there is data in the deal for it to populate.

Any assistance with troubleshooting why the remaining fields are not populating would be appreciated.

Thank you,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TMG 

Good question.

In order for us to have enough context, please provide detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Trigger for New Form Entry Doesn't Have All My Fields

Right now the HubSpot API does not support all fields for the new form entry. This is a known issue that the HubSpot team is working on.

In the meantime, if you make a list in HubSpot that is keyed off of the form submission, and then change your Zapier trigger to be the "New
Contact in List" trigger, you'll have access to the entire contact profile in the action. This will solve the problem until we can get a better form submission trigger in there.

In the image the portion in red is able to transfer to the spreadsheet.  The portion in blue indicate that there is no data transfer for these fields.  I can see in the deal that there is data there.

Here is a capture of the deal and the portions circled in red indicate the data that is present and transferred, the portion circle in blue indicate the data that is there, but is not being read by zapier.  There are more fields, but they are the same as those not being transferred.

Further investigation is showing that the fields that are not being read by zapier are ALL custom fields that I created in hubspot.  

Is Zapier limited to only the default data fields?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TMG

These mapped HubSpot variables have “no data” for the trigger example record, thus why no data is sent to the GSheet.

Try changing the trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Or you can try turning the Zap ON and testing, then check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hello Troy,

I appreciate your assistance and advice.  I tried using a different deal, but had the same results.  When I look at the data from the deal in the trigger test it only shows the fields it captures, but none of the custom fields were captured.

It seems as though zapier is not able to read the custom fields from Hubspot or that there is some configuration in my custom fields that is preventing zapier from reading them.  It would be good to have confirmation if zapier is or is not able to read custom fields from Hubspot.  

Thank you,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TMG 

Try adding this as Zap Step 2: HubSpot - Find Deal

Sometimes apps don’t provide the populated data in fields on triggers, but do on searches.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TMG 

If you are still having issues, then you can open a ticket with Zapier Support for further guidance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help